Knights of Columbus

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Do your, or your Lodge get along with the local Knights of Columbus chapters/lodges? Do you have joint ventures?

From my understanding we used to have some communications with them, supporting some of their charity work. But things fell apart when they would not reciprocate. We have no problems, again from my understanding, with a person being a duel member though.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
The day after I was raised, one of my co-workers who is a K of C member already knew of my raising and tried to convince me it was the worst thing I could have done. I did not argue with him but I did let him know that this was my decision and it was none of his business what organizations I joined, he has left me alone as to Masonry ever since.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My brother's in-laws are Roman Catholic and has told me the very same thing . I asked them how they would know that I am doomed to burn in hell for my membership in Freemasonry and their answer was " because the Pope and the church says so " . But then again they say my family is doomed to hell because we are Baptists . So it is lose/lose anyway I go ,lol .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I will top you with I was told I'm doomed in to burn in Hell because the Pope said so by someone who is non-denominational, and follows no other Roman Catholic specific rules.

ess1113

In my life the K of C and the Lodge peacefully coexisted until last month.
I have never kept either of my memberships secret and I was very proud of them equally, although I was more involved in the lodge.

Last month, I was contacted by the Grand Knight of the local council and he informed me that some members were randomly googling names and my name came up in association with the Freemasons. Must have been some REALLY bored members.

This conversation led to the parish priest contacting me and informing me that I was NOT a good Catholic and that he recommended that I go "inactive" in order to enhance my image in his eyes.

Fast forward to the end of the conversation when I asked him:
Am I excommunicated? ....No
Am I barred from receiving the sacraments?....No
Are my wife and daughter still welcome in the parish school?....Yes
Will my weekly donations be returned?....No

I guess we are at a stalemate. I specifically requested a meeting between me, the priest, and the KofC leadership in a public place so I can face my accusers and see their faces. I was told he would get back with me with a time and place.

I took the time and effort to type him a very nice invitation to the lodge November meal and a chance to meet Masons in the community. I included a petition so he can see the questions we asked of a candidate. I also included the MSANA Focus paper on Freemasonry and Religion. That was last week and I received no reply and he did not show up at the meal.

I have heard nothing from the KofC, the priest, or anyone else.
I am not ashamed nor do I hide any of my fraternal affiliations whether that be the lodge, the Scottish Rite, the Shrine, the National Sojourners, the American Legion, or the VFW.

I am at peace with my God and the Church.
The ten commandments say nothing about Freemasonry.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church merely forbids membership in any organization that conspires against the Catholic Church and we know that Freemasonry doesnt do that. I acknowledge that there are tenets of the canon law that speak against Freemasonry but having read them and searched my soul, I find no conflict.

Brother Liberty

Service Officer
I conspire against the Catholic Church all the time! LOL
I knew that I liked you.....

The K of C here sold their building some years back and do very little in the city. To be honest, I cannot think of one thing they have done. So, its really not an issue.

As a former catholic I find the whole stance on freemasonry completely baseless. Then again thats how I feel about a lot of what they say....I guess thats I why I am no longer one.....It all makes sense now....

Laxguy38922

We don't have a problem with the local Knights of Columbus. Recently the local Moose Lodge though has been alittle fiesty.

About 2 weeks ago, we had a Community Night. We showed movies, had clowns, a mascot, kid games, other games(billiards, air hockey, fooseball) free food, tours of the lodge/info on freemasonry. The Moose Lodge saw our signs and decided to have their Open House the same night, which we understood. The part that killed us is that a few times at the begining of the night when we get a decent amount of people inside we wouldn't have somebody outside the door anymore. The Moose Lodge had a moose mascot come stand by our door and started bringing people back to their Open House, telling them they were heading to the wrong place. What made us more mad was that we were just trying to give the family a free alternative to the local "First Friday" events and the Moose was trying to make a buck off them.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
From what I have seen , many organized religions stances on many things are baseless .

I have looked high and low for a church I am comfortable in . A church who does not tell me what books I can read , what music I can listen too , what movies I can watch , people I may associate with . I have been looking for a church and a minister who will who will not point accusatory fingers at others without any facts .

You know what , I finally found one . I wondered how a Minister could be so open minded and non-judgemental toward others . Turns out the Minister is a Freemason . I knew there was something I liked about him from the start .

Laxguy38922

haha, Fireman I think you always a smart a$$! haha, just kidding brother.

I was afraid about the clowns at first since alot of people are afraid of clowns. But these clowns were amazing, they were Shrine clowns from LuLu temple.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
From what I have seen , many organized religions stances on many things are baseless .

I have looked high and low for a church I am comfortable in . A church who does not tell me what books I can read , what music I can listen too , what movies I can watch , people I may associate with . I have been looking for a church and a minister who will who will not point accusatory fingers at others without any facts .

You know what , I finally found one . I wondered how a Minister could be so open minded and non-judgemental toward others . Turns out the Minister is a Freemason . I knew there was something I liked about him from the start .
Once again FM triumphs! A win-win, the church gets a good man & the good man gets a place for his spiritual needs. :)

Lax...my smarta$$ stem from having a PhD in Jaskassery :D ...LOL....sometimes a good natured poking fun is good....I have tons of friends that belong to the Moose.... heck, I have has some great dinners there....

Duncan1574

Lax...my smarta$$ stem from having a PhD in Jaskassery :D ...LOL....sometimes a good natured poking fun is good....I have tons of friends that belong to the Moose.... heck, I have has some great dinners there....
I have a BA in BS, it is after all an artform....

Duncan1574

I once walked up an elder in my then church during a series on the Christian gifts (prophecy, giving, tongues, etc) and asked him where the room for the gift of gab was......