MAN Info....

jaya

I find it funny that even people in men's clothing stores have little knowledge sometimes. Today I went to Men's Warehouse and ran into some big idiots. I like dress shirts a set sleeve length and not something like 32/33 because to get that size they cut the sleeves to the midpoint. By that I mean they would cut that example to 32.5. My correct arm length is 33.5 so that means I get a shirt with sleeves 1 inch to short or to long. The man told me that is not how they cut them. If I buttoned the second button it would make the sleeve longer. He even asked to measure my arm so I let him. I know my sizes well. He measured from the top of my shoulder to my wrist and it was very short. The idiot did not even know how to measure a sleeve length. You measure from the center of the back of your neck to your wrist and not from the top of your shoulder. It is sad when those in clothing stores do not know what they are doing. I decided to wait till tomorrow and go by Jos. A Bank. I should have known better. How I wish we had a Brooks Brothers here.

I find it funny that even people in men's clothing stores have little knowledge sometimes. Today I went to Men's Warehouse and ran into some big idiots. I like dress shirts a set sleeve length and not something like 32/33 because to get that size they cut the sleeves to the midpoint. By that I mean they would cut that example to 32.5. My correct arm length is 33.5 so that means I get a shirt with sleeves 1 inch to short or to long. The man told me that is not how they cut them. If I buttoned the second button it would make the sleeve longer. He even asked to measure my arm so I let him. I know my sizes well. He measured from the top of my shoulder to my wrist and it was very short. The idiot did not even know how to measure a sleeve length. You measure from the center of the back of your neck to your wrist and not from the top of your shoulder. It is sad when those in clothing stores do not know what they are doing. I decided to wait till tomorrow and go by Jos. A Bank. I should have known better. How I wish we had a Brooks Brothers here.
On the SR NMJ website, Jos.A. Bank is listed as giving a discount to SR members......

jaya

Charcoal suit you can wear black or dark brown shoes. If you only want one pair for most occasions I would suggest the cap toe over the wingtip. You could actually get by with wearing that with a tux. A wingtip should not be worn with a tux. I hate those shinny patten leather shoes with a tux anyway. It screams rental or high school prom.

Dark brown is actually more versital than black. However for formal you should wear black.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Amen to flip flops . Flip flops and jeans are not the best look no matter your age .

As for altering my suits and sports coats , I will not as my weight fluctuates between 230 + to 260+ every few months . I would be constantly taking them in and letting them out . I am swimming in them when I have my drop in weight , but I know it would be a waste of money to altar them as I will be picking my weight back up . They are altered to closely fit my 260/265 weight frame and that is where they are staying .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The thing I hate most about clothes shopping is that it is a pain to find shirts that properly fit tall men . When I do find a big and tall section , there is only a handful of colors to chose from (they other day I counted 5 colors) . I hate ill fitting shirts that have you constantly re-tucking your shirt tails in when you stand .

These stores in my town seem to think all men are under 6' tall with 15"/16" necks . And there is not a big and tall store to be found and I do not purchase clothes through the mail .