MAN Info....

The thing I hate most about clothes shopping is that it is a pain to find shirts that properly fit tall men . When I do find a big and tall section , there is only a handful of colors to chose from (they other day I counted 5 colors) . I hate ill fitting shirts that have you constantly re-tucking your shirt tails in when you stand .

These stores in my town seem to think all men are under 6' tall with 15"/16" necks . And there is not a big and tall store to be found and I do not purchase clothes through the mail .
I second the shirt stuff..... being tall and thin is a pain finding clothes.... I am thinking of investing in a couple tailored shirts.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I second the shirt stuff..... being tall and thin is a pain finding clothes.... I am thinking of investing in a couple tailored shirts.
As usual , as the holidays are nearing , family members are calling me to ask what size dress shirt I wear , X-large or XX-large . I tell them neither and give them my measurements . My problem is that I am not thin nor fat , and it is hard to find a proper fitting shirt .

Van Heusen has some great fitted shirts for tall men IF you can find them . Saves on money having them tailored . Edit to add : Geoffrey Beene has great fitted shirts also . These are the only two brands of shirts I have found that I like .

As usual , as the holidays are nearing , family members are calling me to ask what size dress shirt I wear , X-large or XX-large . I tell them neither and give them my measurements .

Van Heusen has some great fitted shirts for tall men IF you can find them . Saves on money having them tailored .

Being 6'4" 210....... finding a shirt with my measurements is like finding a needle in a hay stack.... if I find a shirt that fits in the neck...the arms are too short. Find one that fits in the arm length.... the neck is way too big and the body of the shirt is way too big. Since I dont currently wear my suit much, I have not worried much about the fit...... but things may be changing so I am gonna have to invest some $$$ I guess t get a proper fit. I am hoping Jos. A bank or Menswearhouse will be able to help me out without me needing a small loan....

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
As usual , as the holidays are nearing , family members are calling me to ask what size dress shirt I wear , X-large or XX-large . I tell them neither and give them my measurements . My problem is that I am not thin nor fat , and it is hard to find a proper fitting shirt .

Van Heusen has some great fitted shirts for tall men IF you can find them . Saves on money having them tailored . Edit to add : Geoffrey Beene has great fitted shirts also . These are the only two brands of shirts I have found that I like .
Being 6'6" & 276lb, 18.5x38" shirts I have had mixed results, of late Casual Male XL & their outlet are god sources, Mens Warehouse.
at Brooks Bros. I ordered 3 taylored shirts ($100 ea) they were horrible fit, the bozos at the store refused to get them retaylored BUT they would take them back.

My newest suits are from Men Whse, love them and the tayloring.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Goodness gracious , 6' 4" would be a pain to find clothes . I know what you mean though , I have found the same thing , perfect in arm length and the collar makes my neck look like it is being strangled by a weak midget or perfect fitting collar and the cuff is inches above my wrist .

Being 6'6" & 276lb, 18.5x38" shirts I have had mixed results, of late Casual Male XL & their outlet are god sources, Mens Warehouse.
at Brooks Bros. I ordered 3 taylored shirts ($100 ea) they were horrible fit, the bozos at the store refused to get them retaylored BUT they would take them back.

Those Big & Tall shops dont work for tall and skinny.

Goodness gracious , 6' 4" would be a pain to find clothes . I know what you mean though , I have found the same thing , perfect in arm length and the collar makes my neck look like it is being strangled by a weak midget or perfect fitting collar and the cuff is inches above my wrist .
I always go for the sleeve fit over the neck..... I would rather have my sleeves at the proper place and have a loose collar......

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia

I wish I had a Men's Warehouse near me .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Charcoal suit you can wear black or dark brown shoes. If you only want one pair for most occasions I would suggest the cap toe over the wingtip. You could actually get by with wearing that with a tux. A wingtip should not be worn with a tux. I hate those shinny patten leather shoes with a tux anyway. It screams rental or high school prom.

Dark brown is actually more versital than black. However for formal you should wear black.

I had a long time mens clothing saleslady (she own Gary Michaels Mens Store in Hastings) tell me that a wingtip shoe is fine with a tux -- she did have the opportunity to sell me a pricy pair of shoes at the time.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
From the website, looks like Charleston, WV is the only one within 100 miles, 51 miles away from you. Get over there ever?
It's at
"CORNER OF TRACE FK & RHL BLVD
86 RHL BOULEVARD" in Charleston.

S&F
I try my hardest not to cross the rivers heading North .

I know where it is at in Charleston , I just do not go to Charleston anymore .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Is your inseam (pants) shorter tha your sleeve length??
No , I was just being silly though I can not remember my measurements . But regular shirts do not fit right in the sleeves , they have to be from the tall section .

@ Fireman , I know they sale shirts , I just do not order clothes through the mail that I have to send back myself . I will order through a store though and let them deal with them if they do not fit correctly .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Not that I am aware , I was just being silly though I can not remember my measurements . But regular shirts do not fit right in the sleeves , they have to be from the tall section .

@ Fireman , I know they sale shirts , I just do not order clothes through the mail that I have to send back myself . I will order through a store though and let them deal with them if they do not fit correctly .
If that was the case, that would make you a knuckle dragger. :)

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I got the joke... So I don't see a need for smileys there. Besides, Marines don't need smileys. Oohrah!