Masonic Rings

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
That's a shame because by not requiring the MM catechism, many will opt not to learn it's lessons.
I choose NOT be be one of those many. If I wanted an easy ride I could have joined any of the other fraternal groups out there.

G

Gary

I choose NOT be be one of those many. If I wanted an easy ride I could have joined any of the other fraternal groups out there.
Ditto. I toughed it out, and I'm glad I did. You will be too. Besides it isn't all that much work. If you make it to FC it's a breeze from there.

Duncan1574

That's a shame because by not requiring the MM catechism, many will opt not to learn it's lessons.
Ditto. I toughed it out, and I'm glad I did. You will be too. Besides it isn't all that much work. If you make it to FC it's a breeze from there.
My primary concern is with my 3 year old BTI, it messes with my short term memory sometimes. :(

G

Gary

One step at a time. Remember EVERY Brother in the Lodge room (and here) is rooting for you, and is there to support you. Take your time, and do your best. You'll do fine. I promise!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
In my jurisdiction (NE), you cannot hold any office (elected or appointed) or be on any lodge committee if you do not pass your MM exam and are declared proficient by the WM. You are a dues paying, card holding member of your mother lodge only, even if you affiliate with another lodge there is a place on the application for your date of proficiency. One frustrating point, to me anyways, is that you don't have to pass your MM exam in order to petition an appendent body.

Duncan1574

BTI....????....you can tell me its none of my business if ya need to...I dont get offended easy...
11/28/2007: whilst downhill skiing at my local hill, I toed out of both skis and to quote the 17 yr old friend who saw it did the "Most incredible face plant I've EVER seen". Got up, skied two more runs, went inside did my video evaluation, sat down and blacked out, woke up in the ER at the local hospital, woke up again when I was transported to the area's best NICU, went home 8 hours later when the CT showed the bleed area was getting smaller.... Lost at least 20 hours to my life, including all the above (it was all told to me after the fact). Short term memory was HORRIBLE for about 6 months, getting better but had leveled off at 'Okay', then I started doing the catechisms for my EA and it helped alot. :eek:

Find the green arrow in the attachment

Attachments

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
11/28/2007: whilst downhill skiing at my local hill, I toed out of both skis and to quote the 17 yr old friend who saw it did the "Most incredible face plant I've EVER seen". Got up, skied two more runs, went inside did my video evaluation, sat down and blacked out, woke up in the ER at the local hospital, woke up again when I was transported to the area's best NICU, went home 8 hours later when the CT showed the bleed area was getting smaller.... Lost at least 20 hours to my life, including all the above (it was all told to me after the fact). Short term memory was HORRIBLE for about 6 months, getting better but had leveled off at 'Okay', then I started doing the catechisms for my EA and it helped alot. :eek:

Find the green arrow in the attachment
Look at your catechisms (catechisi?) at Physical Therapy for the brain.
Mental Exercise!

After learning your MMD catechism, start on the Lectures. (chortle)

Speaking of short term memory loss................what was we talking about??????

Seriously, hope all is getting better.....I will add that to the other dozen or so reasons why I dont ski.

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
Ohio requires the completion of the exams unless there is a dispensation from Grand Lodge for such, as in our one-day classes.

Michigan, on the other hand, does not require the exams unless you want to enter the officers' line.

Duncan1574

Ohio requires the completion of the exams unless there is a dispensation from Grand Lodge for such, as in our one-day classes.

Michigan, on the other hand, does not require the exams unless you want to enter the officers' line.
In Wisconsin successful completion of the exam is necessary before you can progress to the next degree.
I've completed my EA and should have the FC exam ready in the next two weeks, then the FC Exam in Feb and then my MM.

Brochop

I am giving my MM proficiency at our next stated meeting. While the Q&A part is not as hard [to me] as past Q&A's have been, that obligation is a bear. But then again, all of the proficiencies have been very enlightening and, I wouldn't want to not complete the work from beginning to end. My only problem is .. I'm running out of room in the old brain. Ha!

G

Gary

I am giving my MM proficiency at our next stated meeting. While the Q&A part is not as hard [to me] as past Q&A's have been, that obligation is a bear. But then again, all of the proficiencies have been very enlightening and, I wouldn't want to not complete the work from beginning to end. My only problem is .. I'm running out of room in the old brain. Ha!
Say it ain't so! You are just getting started! There is all of the ritual and lectures to go! Your brain can't be full yet! :D

As I get older...my brain gets purged of some of the useless BS as I gain more useful knowledge.....
I wish. It works the opposite for me. I still remember Bill Madlock hitting 354 for the Cubs in 1975, but find no room to remember what I'm supposed to be doing now........So I'm goofing off on the internet instead.

I wish. It works the opposite for me. I still remember Bill Madlock hitting 354 for the Cubs in 1975, but find no room to remember what I'm supposed to be doing now........So I'm goofing off on the internet instead.
Brother....I said useless BS...not valuable knowledge....LOL....354 is an awesome batting average....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Brother....I said useless BS...not valuable knowledge....LOL....354 is an awesome batting average....
I know EAs' who claim they can not put their Catechism to memory , but can relate to me every piece of useless knowledge when it comes to football (or other sports) , and can quote the NFL rulebook (or other sports) .

thebrianmo

In talking to both my WM and my Mentor in the Lodge, I have discovered that once I am raised to MM I will have 90 days in which to give back the exam. If I can not do it in that time period, I may request of the secretary of the Lodge additional time. It won't be a problem for me because I am committed, dedicated and enjoy learning all that I can about FM. Here in Ohio, they do allow the candidate to do the "Short Form" on the exam. For my EA exam I did the long form but after "proving" myself to the Brothers, many of them have encouraged me to do the short form tonight for my FC exam, which is what we will do, although I know the entire exam.

OH is also known to do one day classes where you are entered, passed and raised in one day, however none of these classes will be offered this year. I prefer the traditional way myself.

G

Gary

I know EAs' who claim they can not put their Catechism to memory , but can relate to me every piece of useless knowledge when it comes to football (or other sports) , and can quote the NFL rulebook (or other sports) .
Claim being the operative word. It's a matter of the level of candidate interest.
My momma had a saying when I was a kid. It's exceptionally bad grammar but the thought rings true. "Can't never could do nuthin' "