Masonic Tattoos

mystangs

I have both the Square and Compasses and the Shrine Emblem incorporated into an Underdog half sleeve.

I think they are fine and they are always there to remind me to do good onto others!

dlh2nd

I think they are GREAT!

We have to realize that just as Masonry is a progressive science, the personal expression of our craft is also progressive. As we try to expand and rebuild from the decline in membership, the appeal to young men should be our concearn. I have a personal design of the past master S&C with a tophat on my right shoulder. I've received many positive comments on my tattoo, by the young and older members. I do not feel that it takes away from the work that I've done in any way. It is no different than how I proudly wear my ring or display the symbols on my autos. If anyone would like to see more great masonic tatoo art, visit Masonic Ink - Freemason Tattoo Page

RoughAshlar

I dont think there is any difference in a tatoo or a ring or watch. Its our personal expression of our love of the craft.

Winter

I've been here before
Thanks Ashlar.

It looks surprisingly good after almost 15 years.

The "CLXI" underneath is my Lodge number where I was a PM, Milton #161.

TrowelTalk

I've never had a tattoo before, but have been seriously considering getting a masonic themed one this last year or so, and I'm in my mid-50s.

I look at tattoos in general as being a very personal thing. I've seen ink work I hated because it was amateurish, other examples of what I would deem "way over the top" and I've seen plenty of stuff I liked.

Its sort of like any other art, not everyone has the same taste.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I have not "official" Masonic Tattoos. But the only tattoo I currently have has a J as the Gargoyles tail, which is climbing up my right leg. I'm sure a FC can guess the name and why the right leg. But for those not knowing, I tell people that it is for my daughter Justice, or may name, and now I can say it is for my son James next year.

I'm trying to come up with a Dragon design with the letter B in it for the left leg. After that, I may get some sort of collage on my shoulder.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Nice! He needs a S&C on the back of his right shoulder. ;)
I was thinking about that. I do want to go back and get some shading done, so it looks more like it is poping off the leg. I was thinking about trying to work something more obvious into it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would like to see you work in the other initial , if you know what I mean , on the other leg to make it a pair . Get yourself a pair Vans checkerboard skater shows and you would be walking lodge degree paraphernalia .(JK)

Cool tat . I like it .

*Edit : I missed where you said you were already trying to work in a B , sorry .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I would like to see you work in the other initial , if you know what I mean , on the other leg to make it a pair . Get yourself a pair Vans checkerboard skater shows and you would be walking lodge degree paraphernalia .(JK)

Cool tat . I like it .

*Edit : I missed where you said you were already trying to work in a B , sorry .

Yeah, trying to figure out how to work out the B still. This one will be a dragon, for other symbolic reasons, which is why I choose a gargoyle.

I would really like to do something on the arm/shoulder region with a phoenix & the S&C along with some appendant body symbols. While I am creative, it is usually in thinking, not drawing. I could not draw a stick figure.