Masonic Wedding

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've heard rumors of these, but never saw a ceremony. What info can anyone provide for me?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I just wanted to bump this up and see if any of the new members had any info on this.

Woods

I would like to know as well. I'm getting married on April 15th in St. Lucia and would be interested in seeing if there is anything special that can be done during or after the ceremony.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I would like to know as well. I'm getting married on April 15th in St. Lucia and would be interested in seeing if there is anything special that can be done during or after the ceremony.
Congratulations. I'm looking at December 5th. I know, too close to Christmas and Thanksgiving for me, but that is what she wants.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Congrats to both of you. I myself haven't heard of anything about the masonic wedding, that sounds interesting though. You both are about to join the league / fraternity of the "your mine now" club. LOL, just kidding, I've only been here for 10 years, but honestly, I wouldn't trade it.

cemab4y

Masonry is a male-only organization. There is no such thing as a Masonic "Wedding". There is a masonic organization in Turkey, that performs a sort of ceremony, where people who are already married (either civilly, or in a religious ceremony elsewhere) can perform a "re-committment" ceremony.

The lodge is open and not tyled (so that women can be present). The ceremony has no force of law.

Woods

As I stated above, My fiance and I are getting married in April. I wanted to get a ring when I was raised and have yet to get around to it. So, what I have done is sent my soon to be wedding ring off to a laser engraver in California to have him engrave the Masonic symbol on it. The idea behind this is to have some Masonic symbolism in my wedding and to have the ring, as well as the masonic symbol, blessed by the priest doing the ceremony. Also, I will be wearing a lapel pin of the symbol when getting married.

If anyone else has any more ideas of what I can do...please post up.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If you join the Scottish Rite , you can wear your 14th degree ring in place of your wedding band . Many of us do just that .

J

Joyrock

I know of at least two Masonic wedding rituals. The original French AASR as well as the Ancient and Primative Rite of Memphis Misraim. I have the rituals and they do indeed seem very beautiful. I doubt they would be a "legal" wedding in the sense of state law unless the WM was also licenced to do so in his state.

I know that the "masinstream" and PHA would never allow such a thing and seeing how neither would allow French AASR or MM most Masons are reduced to wondering about the ceremony here in the USA.

I do believe a Le Droit Humain lodge in Los Angeles did one last year but I am not 100% for certain.

Fraternally,

dewwby

Never heard of one myself. I am not sure of the reply about the male-only organizations relevance? I would love nothing more than to see a Masonic Wedding formed. It would have nothing to do with joining Masonry cemab4y. Uhm and if you have a marriage license and a person qualified to preside over a wedding you can get married in your bathroom as far as the Government is concerend. So if they had the license, had an ordained reverend(heck I am one) they sure could get married in the Temple. What better place to wed the love of your life than with your brothers. You do not even need a set script in most states. Heck I think in any state.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Can ya hear the hinges creaking on this old thread as I swing open the door?

I have been granted the honor of performing one of my Widow's Sons Brother's wedding later this month and started doing research and to my surprise one of the links listed on Google was this thread! :eek:
I will ask about using GAOTU during the ceremony, minimally Creator :) .

So I throw out this link to the details of the Turkish ritual.

Masonic Wedding

G

Gary

Can ya hear the hinges creaking on this old thread as I swing open the door?

I have been granted the honor of performing one of my Widow's Sons Brother's wedding later this month and started doing research and to my surprise one of the links listed on Google was this thread! :eek:
I will ask about using GAOTU during the ceremony, minimally Creator :) .

So I throw out this link to the details of the Turkish ritual.

Masonic Wedding
Interesting! That would be a nifty addition the jurisdictions here in the U.S.

Duncan1574

Was that the picture you recently posted on FB Bro. Russ.
Have not done that ceremony yet, later this month.

One of my occupations is as a officiant/celebrant for weddings/baptisms/&funerals. Nice side job, nice addition to the cash flow and mostly alot of fun (Funerals excluded),

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
A brother's daughter is getting married to another brother in November. There were some interesting Obligation discussions between them ;) but they are the best of friends. I don't think they are doing anything "Masonic" during the ceremony, but she commented that all the guys already own tuxes. I'm providing the music for the two receptions, One for the biological family and the second for the Masonic family.

FF Sparky

A brother's daughter is getting married to another brother in November. There were some interesting Obligation discussions between them ;)
How does this work? As you said, with the Obligation and all. Or did they meet before becoming a Mason? Is it not an offense?

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
How does this work? As you said, with the Obligation and all. Or did they meet before becoming a Mason? Is it not an offense?
I would think the word "unlawful" would be the point on which the decision would pivot.

S&F

Duncan1574

I would think the word "unlawful" would be the point on which the decision would pivot.

S&F
In Wis. OB the word is 'illicit', not unlawful.

"Not sanctioned by custom or law; unlawful."

Premarital sex, adultery, and other ethical issues arising from sexual relations between consenting heterosexuals who have reached the age of consent have generally been viewed as matters of private morality, and so, have not generally been prosecuted as criminal offenses in the common law.[4] This legal position was inherited by the U.S. from the U.K.. Later, some jurisdictions, a total of 16 in the southern and eastern United States, as well as the states of Wisconsin[5] and Utah[6] passed statutes creating the offense of "fornication" that prohibited (vaginal) sexual intercourse between two unmarried people of the opposite sex. Most of these laws either were repealed, were not enforced, or were struck down by the courts in several states as being odious to their state constitutions. See also State v. Saunders, 381 A.2d 333 (N.J. 1977), Martin v. Ziherl, 607 S.E.2d 367 (Va. 2005).