No Dress Code

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Do not think like that . I have a brother whom I am constantly talking down off the ledge (so to speak) . You just have to wait them out and then make the lodge and Masonry yours for you and others like you .

For example , at one time all these old men with those fancy titles and degree numbers by their names was were everyone congregated . That wanted to be seen with them . This is no longer the case , they are being put out to pasture now . We are the brethren all the newer , younger Masons want to be around . We dress well and look the part , we talk about Masonry (instead of who is important and who is not) , we talk about what is important . Now these old men sit by themselves and the torch has been passed , their day in the sun is over .

ETA : Their voices are fading as our voices grows louder . Hope this makes sense .
Well, I guess I should clarify my statements. The reason I'll never be master is because I don't want the headache of having to run the Lodge. LOL It's not that I don't appreciate the rituals, etc...

I've run organizations before, and the stress of it almost cost me my marriage. I'll go as far as SW. That's all I'm willing to do for the foreseeable future.

Zack

Do not think like that . I have a brother whom I am constantly talking down off the ledge (so to speak) . You just have to wait them out and then make the lodge and Masonry yours for you and others like you .

For example , at one time all these old men with those fancy titles and degree numbers by their names was were everyone congregated . That wanted to be seen with them . This is no longer the case , they are being put out to pasture now . We are the brethren all the newer , younger Masons want to be around . We dress well and look the part , we talk about Masonry (instead of who is important and who is not) , we talk about what is important . Now these old men sit by themselves and the torch has been passed , their day in the sun is over .

ETA : Their voices are fading as our voices grows louder . Hope this makes sense .
Guess I'll be quiet and go sit in the back row and just fade away.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Guess I'll be quiet and go sit in the back row and just fade away.

No sense in twisting this into something else . You know what I mean , those who used the fraternity as a boys club , who think 33rds are the cream of the crop and think they run the lodges from the sidelines and try to quash any kind of change ( or return to what Freemasonry should be) , forward thinking , education etc; etc; .

But if you want to take it the wrong way , be my guest . I am not saying all the older members should be pushed aside , just the ones who keep younger , newer Masons down .

Zack

I should have put in a smiley face. I wasn't offended but my attempted humor didn't make it.
Regardless of all that...I am pretty old. lol

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I should have put in a smiley face. I wasn't offended but my attempted humor didn't make it.
Regardless of all that...I am pretty old. lol
Old enough to know better, and too young to care... LOL