On Wearing The Ring

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
In Ohio; I simply went to the BMV when it was time to renew my registration and told them I wanted the Freemason Plate. I only had to provide them with what Lodge I am a member of and they processed my paperwork and in about 10 days I had my new plates.
In NC, you simply include a signed form that attests you are a member of the group indicated on the plate. It's a (minor) criminal offense to attest falsely.
I'm not too big on easily identified plates; heard too many times, "Hey, I saw your car when we were going past Wilbur's Barbecue. Who were you there with?"
It can be friendly...or not.

S&F

thebrianmo

It was something like $67 for the Masonic plate here in Ohio; almost double if I just had a regular state issued plate. It is even more if you want the specialty plate to be "vanity" as well. I just took a computer generated number on the plate. I've only had the plates since March, but so far no one, other than my wife, has commented either way about them.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
It was something like $67 for the Masonic plate here in Ohio; almost double if I just had a regular state issued plate. It is even more if you want the specialty plate to be "vanity" as well. I just took a computer generated number on the plate. I've only had the plates since March, but so far no one, other than my wife, has commented either way about them.
Did they check your dues card or ask for any information, or was your experience like mine, where the BMV clerk couldn't have cared less?

thebrianmo

Did they check your dues card or ask for any information, or was your experience like mine, where the BMV clerk couldn't have cared less?
Nope, she just asked what Lodge I was a member of and I told her and I had to fill that out on the form too.