Quick Question

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
First off. Hello everyone! Been so long since ive logged in. Busy with school and my new job.

Are Masons allowed to lie about being a Mason when asked?
In Grand Lodge yesterday morning, North Carolina (AF&AM) voted to make it a serious masonic offense to proclaim that you are no longer a mason, but maintain your lodge membership.

[snip]

I decided to type in google "is Ron Paul a freemason?" [snip]
Do any of you know if he is or not?
Paul Bessel, on his website Anti-Masonry: Points of View says Ron Paul is not, but that his father was.

well. im not sure he is into legalizing narcotics, i wouldnt want a president legalizing cocaine or anything of the sort.[snip]
Although I work in health care and have detoxed, literally, hundreds of substance abusers, I am divided on this libertarian concept.
How many lives have been devastated by the drug trade; not the drugs, but the ILLEGAL TRADE? How many murders, how many corrupted government officials and police, how many kids recruited out of their basic education to become couriers, soldiers, or even assassins before double-digit ages?

I m seriously wondering if the fight against it is costing more, and not just in dollars, than the known devastation of drug use.

I don't know.

:-}(
S&F

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
When a job application asks me for any associations, groups or charities I belong to, I have never listed my Masonic affiliation. Why? Three fold: One, it's no one's business unless I chose to make it their business. Two, it may be perceived as trying to garner favors or preferential treatment by virtue of my Masonic affiliation. Three, there may be an anti- or a misinformed individual that gives the resume/applications a once over first.

My brief trip into the off topic world... drug legalization. What people don't usually take into consideration are the crimes that are committed by a drug user in the furtherance of his drug habit. What about robbery or B&E charges: how many of those are committed to an addict can get a fix? If you link the legalization of drugs to "freeing up jail space" than how about legalizing assault or tax fraud, that would free up jail space too.

Now, because I don't want to see this topic jump all over the place, I will calmly get off of my soapbox, and resume what I was doing...