secrecy.

thebrianmo

For me, being a Mason is about keeping my word, not secrets. I agree with Gary and thankfully I'm under the GL of Ohio and we would not take this guy seriously at all.

Rough Ashlar

Yup. In fact, if you are Christian, JC had a whole bunch of teachings supporting secrecy. The OT is also full of secrecy support. I'll bet that other faiths make comment upon this too.
Would you be able to give me examples? I'd like to show this to my lady, who's a tad suspicious....

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Here are some of my favorite verses on the matter:

Proverbs 11:13 - A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals the matter.

Proverbs 25:9 - Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:

Proverbs 12:23 - A prudent man conceals knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaims foolishness.

T

The Alchemist

I think the OP is a troll, but incase someone is reading this who agrees with his viewpoint....

Freemasons aren't the only group in the world with secrets. Heck, your own family has secrets that it would never reveal outside of the family. Even further, they would only reveal those secrets to CERTAIN family members...no one else. Just because people are so curious as to what goes on in Freemasonry and they're not allowed to tell, that doesn't make it a bad thing. You can't name me one group in the world that doesn't have secrets.