Snow Day

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
‎80 degrees today on the Gulf. Gonna have to throw another log on the air conditioner:)

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Well, I've had my fill of the snow and ice... I flipped and probably totaled my truck tonight. AWESOME. I only got a few cuts and scratches, but am otherwise ok.

one of the paramedics on the scene was a brother from lodge and recognized me. its funny how that helped calm my nerves after the crash.
Glad you are OK -- the truck can be replaced, you cannot.

Might make 50 degrees today in MN!!! We've probably melted a foot and a half of snow this week. Still, another foot and a half to go! Still, 50 Degrees:D Time to throw on the shorts and flip-flops, make an umbrella drink, and fire up the grill!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
No, I'm wishing it was colder actually. Now I am seeing more snakes, and trying to burn all this brush is making me sweat my rear off. I think I'm going to get a permit for one of the piles and just burn the thing where it sits.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
No, I'm wishing it was colder actually. Now I am seeing more snakes, and trying to burn all this brush is making me sweat my rear off. I think I'm going to get a permit for one of the piles and just burn the thing where it sits.
Moth balls !!! Spread moth balls all around your property line (it may take a few boxes) . I used to have a snake problem and I line my fence around my backyard with mothballs and have never had a snake problem since then .

They do not have to be side by side (the mothballs that is) but set them fairly close to one another .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Moth balls !!! Spread moth balls all around your property line (it may take a few boxes) . I used to have a snake problem and I line my fence around my backyard with mothballs and have never had a snake problem since then .

They do not have to be side by side (the mothballs that is) but set them fairly close to one another .
If you lined up all the cars in the world they would reach from here to the Moon AND some guy would pull out to pass! (paraphrasing Jerry Reed) :D

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I'd rather have snakes around my house than mice or rats! The snakes kinda keep their numbers down.

S&F
Providing they are not poisonous, I will take them. But we get rattlers, and water moccasins. My dogs and three year old daughter do not know the difference between good snakes and bad ones. Not to mention when I'm cleaning brush, I often do not know the snake is there until I reach my hand in.

I was thinking about taking the fence posts top off and dropping a mouth ball or two down them. I would like the good snakes, but the poisonous I do not want. Sort of a catch 22. Especially if the wife gets her way and we get chickens eventually, as they attract rats too.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Providing they are not poisonous, I will take them. But we get rattlers, and water moccasins. My dogs and three year old daughter do not know the difference between good snakes and bad ones. Not to mention when I'm cleaning brush, I often do not know the snake is there until I reach my hand in.

I was thinking about taking the fence posts top off and dropping a mouth ball or two down them. I would like the good snakes, but the poisonous I do not want. Sort of a catch 22. Especially if the wife gets her way and we get chickens eventually, as they attract rats too.
I do not mind black snakes , I did have one living under my laundry room (an addition to the back of the house). The problem was that it was getting into my birdhouses and snacking on the young ones so I had to move it into the woods .

Also it bit one of my dogs in the front shoulder and caused a nasty infection that smelled of rotted meat when I drained out the puss and cleaned out the wound .

But I was also getting copperheads in my yard too . My wife thought that because we no longer lived in the country that we would not have that problem .

berthemp

Snakes? you can have all the snakes you want here in Arizona, where it has been a frigid 73 degrees. Rattlets, coral, Mojave's, I have seen them all. I hate snakes, scorpions, and spiders. Funny that I have to work in the enviornment with the critters I hate the most.

Oh well, enough bitching, I gotta set my tee time for the morning. I hear I may need a jacket tomorrow. Gonna get to an arctic 68. BRRRRRR!:p

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Snakes? you can have all the snakes you want here in Arizona, where it has been a frigid 73 degrees. Rattlets, coral, Mojave's, I have seen them all. I hate snakes, scorpions, and spiders. Funny that I have to work in the enviornment with the critters I hate the most.

Oh well, enough bitching, I gotta set my tee time for the morning. I hear I may need a jacket tomorrow. Gonna get to an arctic 68. BRRRRRR!:p
Now . I know you are rubbing it in , LOL !!!!

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
sleet, snow, and ice again this morning!!! Just plowed off an inch of icy slush so the wife could get to work. 31 degrees this morning, so it's keeping it crappy