So Mote it be

CoachN

Builder Builder
I do not mind reading out loud in lodge and I love delivering lectures from memory/conferring degrees . My problem is that I am not a "talker" or "speech maker" , take for example after I was installed as Master this past St. John's night . I gave no speech , I did not go on and on at what an Honor it was once again etc; etc ; , I thanked everyone , closed the lodge and went home , that's it .
Ah! A role model! Awesome! I like!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ah! A role model! Awesome! I like!
Is this sarcasm , perhaps ? I can not tell in this format .

Our Installations are closed , for MMs' only . They all know me , they know who I am , what I can do and I have been there before so I see no need to go on and on with a speech .

Zack

I wouldn't presume to speak for Brother CoachN but, knowing him a little bit I doubt it to be sarcasm.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I wouldn't presume to speak for Brother CoachN but, knowing him a little bit I doubt it to be sarcasm.
I am sure it was not (at least I hope not ) . Just some people have different expectations of the Master of a lodge .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I am sure it was not (at least I hope not ) . Just some people have different expectations of the Master of a lodge .
Setting expectations is the province of leadership, if they don't someone else will. As you said Ashlar, they know you, there is your expectation setting, if you had waxed prophetic, they would have called you on it, as not being your nature. Good job, Brother WM!

Our installations are open events so there is a different expectation, one of pomp & circumstance.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Is this sarcasm , perhaps ? I can not tell in this format .

Our Installations are closed , for MMs' only . They all know me , they know who I am , what I can do and I have been there before so I see no need to go on and on with a speech .
Brother,

There is no need to be on the defensive. My post was "light and affirming" reflecting my approval of your manner. I wish others would take your lead and do the same. The Work we do does not require a lot of talk -- it requires a lot of action though.

You are an awesome role model of which many would benefit if they did the same.

F&S,

Bro. Coach N

G

Gary

Some tend to be long winded when given any opportunity to speak. I think that the length of your "speech" should fit your personal style, and of course the situation.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Brother,

There is no need to be on the defensive. My post was "light and affirming" reflecting my approval of your manner. I wish others would take your lead and do the same. The Work we do does not require a lot of talk -- it requires a lot of action though.

You are an awesome role model of which many would benefit if they did the same.

F&S,

Bro. Coach N
Coach , I apologize as I did not know the intent of your post and I should not have jumped to conclusions . I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and should have known better . Again , my sincerest apologies .

To be honest , it really had nothing to do with you . I have been reading many other Masonic forums and blogs here lately and I am becoming a bit jaded concerning Freemasonry and the internet . There are Masons speaking out against jurisdictions other than their own , Masons wanting to change Freemasonry into what THEY think it should be , Masons trying to tell other Masons in other jurisdictions how they should conduct their business , Masons labeling other Masons as Racist for where we reside and and Masons airing out the dirty laundry of their own jurisdictions in public forums and it is all finally wearing a little thin on me . I read these other forums and can't help but shake my head with sadness .

I love Freemasonry as much as the next Mason , but I also know that I need to focus on my own lodge and jurisdiction and let other jurisdictions conduct their own business as they see fit .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I do not mind reading out loud in lodge and I love delivering lectures from memory/conferring degrees . My problem is that I am not a "talker" or "speech maker" , take for example after I was installed as Master this past St. John's night . I gave no speech , I did not go on and on at what an Honor it was once again etc; etc ; , I thanked everyone , closed the lodge and went home , that's it .
Congratulations on becoming Master.

About the time you get comfortable in the East, they will kick you out and put in somebody else! :)

S&F

CoachN

Builder Builder
Coach , I apologize as I did not know the intent of your post and I should not have jumped to conclusions . I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and should have known better . Again , my sincerest apologies .
Brother,

You had a sincere question; you were upfront. What more can we expect from each other? :)
To be honest , it really had nothing to do with you . I have been reading many other Masonic forums and blogs here lately and I am becoming a bit jaded concerning Freemasonry and the internet . There are Masons speaking out against jurisdictions other than their own , Masons wanting to change Freemasonry into what THEY think it should be , Masons trying to tell other Masons in other jurisdictions how they should conduct their business , Masons labeling other Masons as Racist for where we reside and and Masons airing out the dirty laundry of their own jurisdictions in public forums and it is all finally wearing a little thin on me . I read these other forums and can't help but shake my head with sadness .
Man o' man! Can I relate!
I love Freemasonry as much as the next Mason , but I also know that I need to focus on my own lodge and jurisdiction and let other jurisdictions conduct their own business as they see fit .
SO MOTE IT BE!

About the time you get comfortable in the East, they will kick you out and put in somebody else! :)

S&F
DITTOS HERE!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia

S&F
Thank you .

I am always comfortable in East (well I am comfortable in any Chair for that matter , with the exception of the dreaded Secretary's Chair!!!! Nothing but RESPECT for all of you in the Secretary's Chair ) , I really like that big comfortable chair behind the podium . I am not worried about getting kicked out , I am worried about when they are going to kick me out as we had a hole in the chair line this in-coming year , so I may have back to back years this time around .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Thank you .

I am always comfortable in East (well I am comfortable in any Chair for that matter , with the exception of the dreaded Secretary's Chair!!!! Nothing but RESPECT for all of you in the Secretary's Chair ) , I really like that big comfortable chair behind the podium . I am not worried about getting kicked out , I am worried about when they are going to kick me out as we had a hole in the chair line this in-coming year , so I may have back to back years this time around .
Why do you have a hole in the line? :confused:
Don't forget yu can buy a new hat for the second year..:D

Our Lodge is similar, we have about 20 active MMs, so the other snow day when only 6 showed up for Lodge, they all did multiple parts.

Which brings us around to the need to get more Brothers back into Lodge.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Why do you have a hole in the line? :confused:
Don't forget yu can buy a new hat for the second year..:D

Our Lodge is similar, we have about 20 active MMs, so the other snow day when only 6 showed up for Lodge, they all did multiple parts.

Which brings us around to the need to get more Brothers back into Lodge.
We had a Brother who was to be my in-coming SW had to drop out of the Chair Line for family reasons , so I had to fill it with a PM for the time being . So I may have to set in the East this year and next . I don't have a problem with it because I enjoy setting in the East , I like it . I think I am just a glutton for punishment .