Speaking of FB

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Why is it , you receive "friend" requests from people you barely knew , or from people who went to , let's say , the same high school with you but you have never interacted with your entire lives ?

Also , why is it someone will send you a friend request , and when you see them out in public , they act like they don't know you ? The wife and her friends call them FBPs' , Facebook Phonies .

LOL , I actually got chewed out from a couple of girls I went to school with for hitting the ignore button when they sent me friend requests . I told them that we ran in different circles and have never spoken to one another our entire lives , why would I want to be FB friends !?

Azpir8king

Why is it , you receive "friend" requests from people you barely knew , or from people who went to , let's say , the same high school with you but you have never interacted with your entire lives ?
They are possibly flashing back to an earlier time, confirming their internal view of their HS popularity or trying to attain it now, when they couldn't then. Or they are wanting to get you to join in one of the irritating Facebook games they are playing.

Also , why is it someone will send you a friend request , and when you see them out in public , they act like they don't know you ? The wife and her friends call them FBPs' , Facebook Phonies .
For me, its because they replied to one of my posts (typically political) and they REALLY don't want to discuss it in person......:1-smooch:

LOL , I actually got chewed out from a couple of girls I went to school with for hitting the ignore button when they sent me friend requests . I told them that we ran in different circles and have never spoken to one another our entire lives , why would I want to be FB friends !?
yep, those are the weird ones. A walk down HS memory lane can be shared on the class FB page, but I typically avoid "rekindling" those vague relationships. I have noticed how "friendly" they are and that their status is "Single". Back to the "recapture" their days of glory reply....Or YOU suddenly look more appealing (job, car, House, family, success) than you did when she was on the cheerleader squad....:confused:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I do not take part on my old high school FB page as I hated it then (actually rooted for other teams we played) and want nothing to do with it now .

FF Sparky

I'm a Facebook junkie, it's on the other window tab next to FMH. I have found people I haven't talk to in years. I occasionally friend people I don't know for purposes of games, but that is common. I'mn working on freinding everyone in the town I live in. I don't know why...just cuz....lol

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Facebook has been acting funny for me since the last update. A few people have said they were de-friended. I doubt it is because my son hits my keyboards when I hold him and try and get things done on the computer. But it could be. I usually have facebook open as one of my many tabs/windows.

I get friends requests from people I may have known in high school. Never known why, haven't talked to them since. But they are on there. I have a few people I'm not sure how I know them on there too, mostly on the wife's side of the family.

I use facebook as a tool to promote websites, and as a distraction. Sometimes more then I should. A few people I may follow, but not many. I couldn't tell you how many friends I am with on there, nor do I care. But someone published an article saying 150 is the right amount. But it is a great place to post stupid stuff, just look at the friend resignation letter.

Arrrrggghhhhh

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
For me, its because they replied to one of my posts (typically political) and they REALLY don't want to discuss it in person......:1-smooch:
I do not post anything on my FB page so no one has anything to comment on . The only place I post is on my unit's (closed) FB page . I do not even go to my own FB page anymore , I saved the link that goes straight to my unit's .

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
When I first joined Facebook it was on it it's 3rd year or so. This meant no instant feed, status updates, chat, notifications and a multitude of the features it has today. Twitter caused it to compete and the advertising has grown exponentially.

I'm the guy that Bro. Jason finds annoying at times lol. I post random quotes from movies and songs, and just overall random stuff. I was never what one would consider the "most popular" kid in school but I wasn't bound to one clique. I had friends in every grade, jock or geek, plastics or goths, etc...

I've continued this trend in my adult life. I can make a friend at a PETA rally wearing mink carharts. My wife was annoyed when she could take me anywhere without meeting someone I knew. THEN I BECAME A MASON! HA HA HA. We went to the Bahamas and I found 4 Brothers on the cruise and actually saw 1 person I knew. I may not be "besties" with everyone on my facebook but I know them and can carry on a convo for the most part, a few of you excluded! I'm using the knew updates to delete people I've added that I don't know, or marking my "acquaintences" as such.

:1-sleep::1-sleep: Ok you can wake up now it's over!

Hiram's Scouter

I am a daily FB visitor, I post mainly interesting things I might read and feel others might find interesting; I keep up with friends that are far away and I don't have the ability to visit; our Lodge as well as others that I visit have calendars of upcoming events, however, I do not except people that do not know and at least occasionally interact with and I have un-Friended people who were always confrontational and resorted to elementary playground behavior. OK in moderation.

I would also add, as of late I have adopted server FB rules for myself: 1. my post and comments on others post are for friends only; 2. Privacy settings are set so that only Friends can read my post; 3. I most of the time just hit the "like" button if in agreement or like something rather than leave a comment. I had to adopt these rules because FB confrontations with immature users who haven't the maturity to state and opinion based on a rational argument, resorting to name calling and other juvenile slurs; and suffer from an modern anomaly I call "internet testicles" because most of these people wouldn't have the guts to say the stuff they spew on the internet to your face. The internet sometimes let you inhibitions become looser than alcohol. I warn my Scouts of this all the time.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I am a daily FB visitor, I post mainly interesting things I might read and feel others might find interesting; I keep up with friends that are far away and I don't have the ability to visit; our Lodge as well as others that I visit have calendars of upcoming events, however, I do not except people that do not know and at least occasionally interact with and I have un-Friended people who were always confrontational and resorted to elementary playground behavior. OK in moderation.

I would also add, as of late I have adopted server FB rules for myself: 1. my post and comments on others post are for friends only; 2. Privacy settings are set so that only Friends can read my post; 3. I most of the time just hit the "like" button if in agreement or like something rather than leave a comment. I had to adopt these rules because FB confrontations with immature users who haven't the maturity to state and opinion based on a rational argument, resorting to name calling and other juvenile slurs; and suffer from an modern anomaly I call "internet testicles" because most of these people wouldn't have the guts to say the stuff they spew on the internet to your face. The internet sometimes let you inhibitions become looser than alcohol. I warn my Scouts of this all the time.
:1-say-yes: awesome. Truly awesome!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I'm the guy that Bro. Jason finds annoying at times lol. I post random quotes from movies and songs, and just overall random stuff. I was never what one would consider the "most popular" kid in school but I wasn't bound to one clique. I had friends in every grade, jock or geek, plastics or goths, etc...
!
Are you one of these:

Just woke up and eating some breakfast

Got into the car, it is cold today isn't it?

<checks in at work> It feels like a monday, I cannot wait until friday

<checks in at place of lunch>

<checks in back at work> I wish it was 5 o clock already, don't wanna be here.

OMG the coworker said the funniest thing

Its 5 o clock!

Home eating dinner with ......

OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does not proceed to explain anything else)

10 more posts between that and bedtime

Time for bed facebook. See you 'morrow.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Are you one of these:

Just woke up and eating some breakfast

Got into the car, it is cold today isn't it?

<checks in at work> It feels like a monday, I cannot wait until friday

<checks in at place of lunch>

<checks in back at work> I wish it was 5 o clock already, don't wanna be here.

OMG the coworker said the funniest thing

Its 5 o clock!

Home eating dinner with ......

OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does not proceed to explain anything else)

10 more posts between that and bedtime

Time for bed facebook. See you 'morrow.
NOOOOOO! I have children to raise lol.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
[snip]My wife was annoyed when she could take me anywhere without meeting someone I knew. THEN I BECAME A MASON! HA HA HA. We went to the Bahamas and I found 4 Brothers on the cruise and actually saw 1 person I knew.[snip]
Yeah, I took him to Rome after he bragged he knew people everywhere he went. In St Peter's Square, he disappeared after telling me, "Watch this!"
5 minutes later, the crowd roared, I looked up and saw Pope Benedict...and Buckeye!
I couldn't believe it, so I elbowed the guy standing next to me. Pointing up, I asked, "Hey, who is that guy?"
He said, "I donta know...Hey Guido, who is thata guy ina white standing a-next to Buckeye Jackson??"

:D
[not quite]S&F

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Yeah, I took him to Rome after he bragged he knew people everywhere he went. In St Peter's Square, he disappeared after telling me, "Watch this!"
5 minutes later, the crowd roared, I looked up and saw Pope Benedict...and Buckeye!
I couldn't believe it, so I elbowed the guy standing next to me. Pointing up, I asked, "Hey, who is that guy?"
He said, "I donta know...Hey Guido, who is thata guy ina white standing a-next to Buckeye Jackson??"

:D
[not quite]S&F
Now that was a interesting day... and I didn't want to toot my own horn.

I do tend to look for Masonic rings when out so if you've got one on and we passed, I'm the guy who looke like he was casing you. :1-wink-grin:

Now that was a interesting day... and I didn't want to toot my own horn.

I do tend to look for Masonic rings when out so if you've got one on and we passed, I'm the guy who looke like he was casing you. :1-wink-grin:
So you are a mason stalker??? BTW.... give some credit.... I introduce you to Joe Ratzinger before he moved to Italy.....:1-shy::1-say-no:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
So you are a mason stalker??? BTW.... give some credit.... I introduce you to Joe Ratzinger before he moved to Italy.....:1-shy::1-say-no:
You gave Arnold lifting tips I know. But yes, Yes I am. I've been following you and Winter on FB for years now and I used my secret decoder ring to do it!