Special Forces ?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ashlar, that is so true! The Huey I was CC on saw service in Nam and had numerous leaks! I learned that right away in my training that a helo NOT leaking is a problem. LOL
Is that not the truth !! We were on an old Chinook that was a little "long in the tooth" that day . After that , I always looked for leaks when on a helo , just to make sure she would stay in the air . They do tend to fall straight down when those rotors quit turning .

G

Gary

HAHAHA! That reminds me of when I flew as a FLIR operator for the sheriff's dept., The pilot I worked with would always secretly look for a field to practice auto rotation.

You drop out of the sky at 1000 feet in about two seconds. Talk about pucker factor if you aren't expecting him to do it! The rotors make a sound like a old war bird doing a dive bomb. :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

Good times...

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Funny you should mention that... I was just catching up on some email and got this link from an email from the American Legion.

The 2011 "Jesse MacBeth" Stolen Valor Tournament | The American Legion's BurnPit

If you click on this next link, you'll see a list of the nominees for the tournament. Its amazing to me that some of these people actually served with honor, got an honorable discharge, and then go on to screw themselves by pretending to be a hero.

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here » Blog Archive » First Round – Special Operations Regional

In my experience, those who have served in these types of positions tend to keep a low profile and aren't braggarts.

Funny you should mention that... I was just catching up on some email and got this link from an email from the American Legion.

The 2011 "Jesse MacBeth" Stolen Valor Tournament | The American Legion's BurnPit

If you click on this next link, you'll see a list of the nominees for the tournament. Its amazing to me that some of these people actually served with honor, got an honorable discharge, and then go on to screw themselves by pretending to be a hero.

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here » Blog Archive » First Round – Special Operations Regional

In my experience, those who have served in these types of positions tend to keep a low profile and aren't braggarts.
YUP!!!!......notice I have never said anything about my military service.... IMHO, Antietam was one of the toughest places I have ever been....

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
YUP!!!!......notice I have never said anything about my military service.... IMHO, Antietam was one of the toughest places I have ever been....
I still haven't told anyone which side I fought on in the Civil War... you know, seeing as how where I'm living and all. :) :rolleyes:

Hiram's Scouter

When we first got the Black Hawks, there were so many falling out of the sky, we called them crash hawks, it seems something to do with our PRC-77s was messing with the avionics. I also seen a couple c141s burn in and one C130 take a nose dive into the drop zone while performing a low altitude parachute excretion of a Sheridan tank. Now you may get the idea why we were more than willing to have an alternative to getting to the ground.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
When we first got the Black Hawks, there were so many falling out of the sky, we called them crash hawks, it seems something to do with our PRC-77s was messing with the avionics. I also seen a couple c141s burn in and one C130 take a nose dive into the drop zone while performing a low altitude parachute excretion of a Sheridan tank. Now you may get the idea why we were more than willing to have an alternative to getting to the ground.
For less than $400 you too can own your own Prick 77... PRC-77 Radios for sale

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ashlar, that is assuming their is such an animal as a "perfectly good" military aircraft. I do know what you are saying though, I had a guy that drove a boat for SEALs claim he was Special Ops ( dead give away); a guy that was truck driver for 19th Group tell me he was Green Beret ( that's headgear) and a former Marine in my old Combat Engineer Unit; who was just a few years older than myself claim to have been in Guadalcanal ( got a real good laugh on that one); and during my deployment to Iraq in 2004 I was asked by a spouse of one of my troops why Engineers were kicking in doors in Baghdad? The stories really get embellished when you add a little drinking and inter-service rivalry to the mix -all in good fun as long there are no civilians around. Glad to see so many military brothers on here. Good conversation, thanks for the topic.
I worked on the river with a fellow around my age . According to him , he has held a job in just about every profession , he also claimed to be a Navy Seal , but he showed up to the boat wearing a USMC jacket , I asked why he was wearing that jacket since he was a Navy Seal , he stuttered around and then said he was in Recon in the Corps . I took notes of the jobs he worked and how long he performed each job , so I sat down and added the years in the service and all his jobs put together , it put him around 130 years old .

I will say , He did look good for a man his age .

I worked on the river with a fellow around my age . According to him , he has held a job in just about every profession , he also claimed to be a Navy Seal , but he showed up to the boat wearing a USMC jacket , I asked why he was wearing that jacket since he was a Navy Seal , he stuttered around and then said he was in Recon in the Corps . I took notes of the jobs he worked and how long he performed each job , so I sat down and added the years in the service and all his jobs put together , it put him around 130 years old .

Was his name Russell Nash???

Hiram's Scouter

We had one of them in my unit, he was eventually dischraged for "failure to adapt to military life". The final straw was when he told his family, while enroute to jungle warfare school in Panama(1987), our bird was shot down and he had to E & E through Nicaragua to friendly lines in Panama. He also added that he was the only survivor in the unit, that the rest had been killed in the crash or by Sandanistans. The boy had problems. He even tried to get us to believe that he and his uncle had attempted a POW rescue intoVietnam.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We had a prior service in my unit during the first Gulf War . He was in the Army before the Corps , when we had inspections his uniform was covered in medals/ribbons and jump wings , our First Sgt. looked into it and found out that he never earned any of the medals or jump wings he was wearing . Between us and the NCOs'/Staff NCOs' his life became a living hell as we rode him relentlessly , and charges were brought against him for wearing the medals , he was given every crap detail the First Shirt could think up and was busted down to Private .

This goes with what I said earlier , why would someone want to make claims that are untrue . Just serving our country is enough , there is no need to exaggerate our time served .