Starfleet International

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Checking out which? 501st Legion or Starfleet International? LoL
Both actually. I noticed on the SFI website the links didnt work for me when investigating the area clubs.

Im sure I'll have a bunch of questions for you in the near future. Lol

Winter

I've been here before
Both actually. I noticed on the SFI website the links didnt work for me when investigating the area clubs.
Im sure I'll have a bunch of questions for you in the near future. Lol
Really? They work for me. What is your location? I'll see where the nearest is.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
The closest to me is New Port Richey.
It may just be my web browser. My computer has been acting wonky lately.

No viruses, but it may just need a tune up.

Thanks for sharing all of that good info! Im sure everyone responding to this thread appreciates it as much as I do.

Winter

I've been here before
New Port Richey has a chapter. The USS Victorious NCC-40967-A. It is a Sovereign Class Starship commanded by Commodore Mark Harrison. It also has a compliment of Starfleet Marines from the 699th MSG commanded by Col. Angela Lewis.
Here is their homepage: http://ussvictorious.com/en/
Hope this helps!

Goomba, my chapter meets regular, but no, uniforms are not always worn.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
New Port Richey has a chapter. The USS Victorious NCC-40967-A. It is a Sovereign Class Starship commanded by Commodore Mark Harrison. It also has a compliment of Starfleet Marines from the 699th MSG commanded by Col. Angela Lewis.
Here is their homepage: http://ussvictorious.com/en/
Hope this helps!

Goomba, my chapter meets regular, but no, uniforms are not always worn.
So what do you do at the meetings? Are you required to attend? How often do they meet? At the moment, I'm more interested in the online courses etc... New Port Richey is still quite a distance from me, but that is the closest I could find on their list. The other one would be Zephyrhills.

Winter

I've been here before
Hahaha. It is not a military org. It is a sci fi club. Nothing is mandatory. I rarely attend the meetings. LoL

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I noticed that the USS Victorious requires that you attend at least every two months to be a full member of their "ship". The do have a secondary membership. I wonder if you can join SFI without affiliating with a "local" club. I also noticed that even though they say they are in New Port Richey, they meet in Largo and use a Pinellas county address. That puts them VERY far from me.

Winter

I've been here before
I noticed that the USS Victorious requires that you attend at least every two months to be a full member of their "ship". The do have a secondary membership. I wonder if you can join SFI without affiliating with a "local" club. I also noticed that even though they say they are in New Port Richey, they meet in Largo and use a Pinellas county address. That puts them VERY far from me.
That is odd because my ship, the USS Tiberius is here in Largo, not sure why the USS Victorious is listed as meeting here as well. I'll ask around.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
The two ships seem to do things together from what Ive noticed from the pictures they post on their site. Have a look. May be because of their proximity to each other.

goomba

I sent an email off to a meeting ship in my area to see what they do. There is another ship that is a correspondence ship that I am thinking about. If nothing else I will join the at large group. For $15 per year I don't think you can beat it.

Winter

I've been here before
I think it is more fun to be part of a crew. I like saying that I am the Science Officer aboard the USS Tiberius. And like Freemasonry, it is about the friendships.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
It may very well be... But the distance is prohibitve for me to participate on a regular basis. I guess ill be assigned to a starbase... At least for the mean time.

goomba

Winter can you be a crew member of more than one chapter? If so what if we started a correspondence chapter for Masons?

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
That is odd because my ship, the USS Tiberius is here in Largo, not sure why the USS Victorious is listed as meeting here as well. I'll ask around.
Check out the website they listed for USS Victorious. Their meetings that have been posted so far were in Largo. I don't know if that's a normal thing, or if they rotate locations etc..

Edit- apparently it is their normal meeting location: Currie Lane in Largo. It appears to be someone's house.

Winter

I've been here before
No, you cannot be member of more than one Chapter.

There are two types of chapters in STARFLEET.
http://www.sfi.org/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208&Itemid=458

Meeting Chapters
These chapters have in-person meetings on a regular basis. Best for members that prefer face-to-face interaction.

Correspondence Chapters
These chapters do not hold in-person meeting, but do communicate and interact online or by mail. Best for members who don't live near a chapter, or don't have time to attend meetings.

Here is the statement from the membership handbook.

"Correspondence Chapters -These chapters are either electronic or correspondence chapters, and are designed for members who either do not live close to, or choose not to participate in, a meeting chapter. Club business is conducted through postal mail and e-mail. Correspondence Chapters may be electronic (internet and Bulletin Board System), postal mail, or a combination of the two. Correspondence Chapters report to the Regional Coordinator of the Region in which their Commanding Officer resides. For further information on these types of chapters, contact the Correspondence
Chapter Operations Department."

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I joined, but did not affiliate with a chapter. I may look in to a corry chapter once I receive my membership package.