Suggestions?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Yes. I was there, so I know. It was something that was in the middle of something that was in the middle of something, even.
As it was after two somethings and before at least one other something, then was definitely in the middle of the middle of the middle.

MarkUSMC

Just wanted to update everyone...I contacted the Secretary and he informed me of a dinner that was last night. I attended the dinner and met the men of the lodge and they even let me take a look upstairs. What a sight and I was truly in awe. A mason signed my petition also so it turned out to be a wonderful night and the welcome that I received was truly amazing. Now only one more signature to go. I want to thank everyone for there input on the forum.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
My experience is that being slighty aggressive is a valuable trait with my Lodge. I had to psuh a little to get everything moving.
Remember you are not annoying until someone tells you that you are.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Petitioning

Just wanted to update everyone...I contacted the Secretary and he informed me of a dinner that was last night. I attended the dinner and met the men of the lodge and they even let me take a look upstairs. What a sight and I was truly in awe. A mason signed my petition also so it turned out to be a wonderful night and the welcome that I received was truly amazing. Now only one more signature to go. I want to thank everyone for there input on the forum.
Good luck, Friend Mark.
May your journey into Masonry be fulfilling.

MarkUSMC

Just wanted to update everyone...I have been vouched for my character by two masons in the lodge and last night the investigative committee came by yesterday to talk to me and my wife. Everything went well and they will be voting on my petition tonight. I want to thank everyone for there feedback and suggestions and wish me luck.

MarkUSMC

I would like to let everyone know that my petition was voted on and I have been approved. One of the Masons from the Lodge contacted me just a few minutes ago and said congratulations you have been approved. Now is where the work begins. I am so excited and cannot wait to get started. Thank you all and I will keep everyone updated as I go through the degrees. I know that my father is looking down from heaven with a smile on his face.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
(snip) One of the Masons from the Lodge contacted me just a few minutes ago and said congratulations you have been approved. (snip)
Hmmm, in NC, it's considered the duty of the lodge Secretary, and ONLY him, to notify the candidate of the result of the ballot.

S&F

DavisB

Hmmm, in NC, it's considered the duty of the lodge Secretary, and ONLY him, to notify the candidate of the result of the ballot.

S&F
The Secretary sent me a letter from the lodge after I was voted on and when they scheduled each degree. But there is a brother at my lodge who I have known for years and after each meeting he gave me a phone call to let me know. I'm not sure if he was allowed to do that or not...