To the East

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Ciphers can be obtained, but it is far from simple. My copy required some significant wrangling to get from the Secretary, and that was mostly because I was mentoring a candidate. I've a clandestine cipher, but it's imperfect.
Bro. Casey it shouldn't be that hard. $50 to the Sec. to pay GL and every new MM for the past year almost has had one.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
We know in a perfect world, a lodge officer would have 6 years to prepare on his journey to the East. What happens in the real world?? My first office in Lodge was Junior Warden, although I had unofficially sat in the JD chair a couple of times prior.

Squirrels,,,,,FEEL FREE TO RUN AMUCK ABOUT THIS THREAD:)
Should have come to our Lodge this year. Some huge jumps in there. SD and SW are to positions filled by people who have not sat (at least in the past few years) in any other chair. I do believe the SW has sat in the JD chair a few times over 5 years ago.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I always had trouble showing leadership. High school, Boy Scouts, Explorer Scouts, military (even as an officer), I never felt comfortable leading a group of any size. When Doc Easterling appointed me JS, it took a while to realize he was really appointing me Master years down the road. At the end of my year as SS, due to our JW electing to drop out of line, I was offered to skip JD and be appointed SD.
After much contemplation, I declined and took JD, realizing I needed the whole 7 years it would take (in our GL) to progress to Master.

On the other hand, my friend Larry came to Masonry in his mid-40s, having been in, and presided over, other civic groups. Even as a new Mason, he exhibited good leadership skills and when needed, he was elected JW within a year of his being Raised.
After serving as Master, he then got back into line as JS, as he hadn't served the appointed chairs!

S&F