Trouble joining

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Another thought just popped into my head: in every jurisdiction I have belonged to, you must wait a full year after being rejected to submit another petition. If you are trying more frequently than that, then your petition would be automatically rejected again and a new year's time would start. Someone should have told you that, but in case they didn't ...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ah yes , I completely let that one slip by me also . Patrick is right , there may be a set time before you can submit a new petition .

kyklopes

I am very sorry for the experience you are having. But if it is in your heart to be a Mason, then, please do not give up. Follow the advice others have already offered. Talk to those who signed your petition. Someone not liking you is not sufficient reason to vote against you.

Just as an example, I might not agree with your political stance and you might not agree with mine, but that is why we do not discuss such things in the lodge. Masons are to live quiet and peaceful lives.

Talk to the people who signed your petition. Talk to the secretary of the Lodge. Surely someone will be able to provide you with more information.

As long as you believe in God and are of good moral character and desire of your own free will to join....

There is either more to this story or someone in the lodge has violated the law and that is another matter all together.
I will look further into the matter. The reason I never did is because I never knew if it was okay and didn't want to seem 'nosy' and risk making things worse somehow.

FYI: My one year time limit to reapply will be up in January of 2011.

Thank you for your time and attention. When I learn something more, I will share it with you all.