What did you do today.....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
By the way , where have you been ? You need to check in every once in awhile , you are not that far from me , don't make me drive up your way !

LOL..... been dealing with my shoulder and found out I have a really bad bulging disk and two cracked vertebrae.......having surgery on 4/18 on my shoulder....

bulging disk is L5....... with pain down to mid shin....sometimes to my foot.......

Azpir8king

Bought ANOTHER leather vest. Got my "Tylers of the 9" Widows Sons patches and need to have something to sew them onto.

Azpir8king...... that doesnt sound remotely close to the fun I had...LOL...... the real fun begins on 4/18.......shoulder surgery.....

Terry S

I helped check my father in law who's suffering from dementia and alzheimers into a nursing home. He's 90 years old and a wealth of baseball knowledge. He was a scout for the Angles, Brewers, Royals, and Orioles, a founding member of the Atlanta Dugout Club (the group responsible for bringing the Braves to Atlanta), author of a book thats regarded as the bible to mlb scouting, an inductee to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, and 6 time Topps Scout of the Year. Its a shame to think of all the baseball knowledge thats just going to be wasting away in a 16x16 room. Not to mention the father of 4 and grandfather to many.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Went to lodge last night , came home and had to take my dog that I have had for 14 years to be put to sleep , his old body could not take it anymore . Rough night ! I miss the old guy , got up this morning and the first thing I did was go to his bed as I have done every morning for so many years to get him up to go out but he wasn't there .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Went to lodge last night , came home and had to take my dog that I have had for 14 years to be put to sleep , his old body could not take it anymore . Rough night ! I miss the old guy , got up this morning and the first thing I did was go to his bed as I have done every morning for so many years to get him up to go out but he wasn't there .
:-}(

...Was he proficient in the Masonic Lectures, like my dachshund? Or, at least the catechisms?

He'll be waiting for you, happy and young, at the door of That House Not Made With Hands...

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
:-}(

...Was he proficient in the Masonic Lectures, like my dachshund? Or, at least the catechisms?

He'll be waiting for you, happy and young, at the door of That House Not Made With Hands...

S&F
He was very proficient , and has been through all three degrees . He has heard me practice degree work so many times that I think he deserves a Masonic funeral .

A little while ago , without thinking , I called out his name . It's funny how your mind (and heart) can forget they are gone .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
He was very proficient , and has been through all three degrees . He has heard me practice degree work so many times that I think he deserves a Masonic funeral .

A little while ago , without thinking , I called out his name . It's funny how your mind (and heart) can forget they are gone .
Too bad you never taught him to talk. He could have been the first doggy Mason!
I'm still working on my Rosie, she's proficient, but she won't return her catechisms.
If I get stuck on a word, she growls, if I say a wrong one, she bites me!

Our dogs certainly have a secure place in our hearts.

S&F

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Fireman, I hope that all goes well with your surgery. Hopefully that will ease some of your problems. The bulging disc is going to tough to deal with. I know when I had back pain, it was no fun at all, and I don't have a bulging disc. I wish you well and hope that you will find some comfort.

Terry S, sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It is a great loss when someone who is loved and respected is afflicted with something like dementia. I've seen it happen to members of my family, and in-laws as well. The hardest thing is when they are still lucent enough that they realize what is happening, and are depressed. Best thing is support and encouragement and constant reminders :)

Ashlar, I am very sorry to hear about your dog, companion, family member. It is something that takes a lot to get over. I hope that you can find comfort in the years and times you spent together. Pets are a very special part of our lives, and they deserve as much respect as any family member. Best wishes for you to continue on.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Thank you BG , it is hard to believe how a full grown man can be so attached to and affected by the loss of a dog . I still can not believe he is gone , 14 years is a long time to be together , and can honestly say that I am hurting pretty bad right now . I keep looking over at his dog bed expecting to see him laying there . The wife took it even worse . This is worse than when we lost our Chow , Jasmine , because we knew ahead of time and had the time to prepare . This all happened within a few hours .

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Fireman .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Fireman, I hope that all goes well with your surgery. Hopefully that will ease some of your problems. The bulging disc is going to tough to deal with. I know when I had back pain, it was no fun at all, and I don't have a bulging disc. I wish you well and hope that you will find some comfort.

Terry S, sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It is a great loss when someone who is loved and respected is afflicted with something like dementia. I've seen it happen to members of my family, and in-laws as well. The hardest thing is when they are still lucent enough that they realize what is happening, and are depressed. Best thing is support and encouragement and constant reminders :)

Ashlar, I am very sorry to hear about your dog, companion, family member. It is something that takes a lot to get over. I hope that you can find comfort in the years and times you spent together. Pets are a very special part of our lives, and they deserve as much respect as any family member. Best wishes for you to continue on.
All these loses are each tramatic in their own ways and I feel for each of you. Dementia is a lose, I watched my Dad turn into my Father, a man I could no longer respect but still loved. I have lost more than a few little buddies over the years, I still 'see' them once in awhile out of the corner of my eye....:(:(:(

Terry S....... Brother, I do feel for you....Alzheimer's & Dementia are horrible...prayers for your family

Ashlar....sorry about the dog....they do become members of the family....and dont worry about the hijack....it is part of E-masonry remember.....

BG.....thanks for the good wishes...... I just remind myself that the Lord works in mysterious ways.....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I helped check my father in law who's suffering from dementia and alzheimers into a nursing home. He's 90 years old and a wealth of baseball knowledge. He was a scout for the Angles, Brewers, Royals, and Orioles, a founding member of the Atlanta Dugout Club (the group responsible for bringing the Braves to Atlanta), author of a book thats regarded as the bible to mlb scouting, an inductee to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, and 6 time Topps Scout of the Year. Its a shame to think of all the baseball knowledge thats just going to be wasting away in a 16x16 room. Not to mention the father of 4 and grandfather to many.
Brother Terry ,

I am so sorry that I missed your post , as I am feeling sorry for myself right now . I have went through Alzheimer's with my Grandfather and it is tough to deal with so I know where you are coming from and I can not tell you how sorry I am . A 62 year member of my lodge is dealing this with his wife , he refuses to put her in a nursing home (with good cause , they have been together for more years than I care to count) but I have watched HIM go from a healthy , vibrant man to a shell of his former self dealing with this .

Terry S

Thanks everyone, but I messed up a little. It's my GRAND father in law. Sorry about that. I got ahead of myself trying to remember all his accolades and forgot an important keyword.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
On a little bit of a lighter note... What did I do on Tuesday night. Went to lodge, we had our PM's night. It was enjoyable, and I remembered to take the camera, however, they are a little bit large for upload capacity. Gotta figure out how to reduce them so I can post a few.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
On a little bit of a lighter note... What did I do on Tuesday night. Went to lodge, we had our PM's night. It was enjoyable, and I remembered to take the camera, however, they are a little bit large for upload capacity. Gotta figure out how to reduce them so I can post a few.
Download Piccasa and use the export feature.