Written methods of reconition?...edited

I would have to say that including any "catch phrases" in a professional document would not be appropriate... I am taking English Comp right now and can not find it anywhere in the books that says it is ok to include and fraternal groups in business/professional documentations.
I would suggest that until you have the chance to interact with the person face to face...keep it strictly business.... talking about the masons can be just as touchy topic as politics...it is better to not include any overt/covert words or signs and err on the side of caution.

Rough Ashlar

I would have to say that including any "catch phrases" in a professional document would not be appropriate... I am taking English Comp right now and can not find it anywhere in the books that says it is ok to include and fraternal groups in business/professional documentations.
I would suggest that until you have the chance to interact with the person face to face...keep it strictly business.... talking about the masons can be just as touchy topic as politics...it is better to not include any overt/covert words or signs and err on the side of caution.
I don't mean to be inflammatory, but I'm not sure what the rules English Comp have to do with it. I'm not speaking of accepted grammar, but rather ways of identifying someone or yourself as a Brother. I doubt that commonly accepted engineering laws make allowances for certain types of imperfect window panes, or other means of expressing Masonic affiliation in architecture (i.e., a certain type of flower, the S&C, etc.), but that hasn't stopped Brethren from installing it. I don't see any reason why this isn't or wouldn't be an accepted practice. After all, the idea is to have it appear as though there's no Masonic reference at all, except to the initiated. Composition "rules" don't say anything about content, only organization and syntax, yes? So as long as it fits into whatever it is you're saying, then you'd be good...

I would imagine there are TONS of historical documents written between Brothers that might look like innocent letters or other documents over the last several centuries (during the Revolution, Civil War maybe?)...kiiind of what I'm looking for. Surely this exists?

...which brings me back to my OP...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You mean I can not sign my official letters/documents "Masonic Home Boy" !!!!

I don't mean to be inflammatory, but I'm not sure what the rules English Comp have to do with it. I'm not speaking of accepted grammar, but rather ways of identifying someone or yourself as a Brother. I doubt that commonly accepted engineering laws make allowances for certain types of imperfect window panes, or other means of expressing Masonic affiliation in architecture (i.e., a certain type of flower, the S&C, etc.), but that hasn't stopped Brethren from installing it. I don't see any reason why this isn't or wouldn't be an accepted practice. After all, the idea is to have it appear as though there's no Masonic reference at all, except to the initiated. Composition "rules" don't say anything about content, only organization and syntax, yes? So as long as it fits into whatever it is you're saying, then you'd be good...

I would imagine there are TONS of historical documents written between Brothers that might look like innocent letters or other documents over the last several centuries (during the Revolution, Civil War maybe?)...kiiind of what I'm looking for. Surely this exists?

...which brings me back to my OP...
In English Comp, one learns proper writing techniques not grammar. Which happen to includes a section on writing professional documents.

Now if you are leaning more towards informal writing, I would venture a guess that it is OK.

Brother, I dont take your comments to be inflammatory.... I simple offered a suggestion that it would be better to err on the side of caution in "professional correspondence".... if anyone chooses to do so anyways...well thats their business.

Brother you dont have to worry about me unless you make a direct personal attack to me.....I have rather thick skin ( been a fireman too long to be sensitive to general comments).....I am a big boy.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You would need to add Brother before "Masonic Home Boy"..... or did you mean "Homeboy" as in "Hommie dont know ritual like I doz...froshizzle"
Homeboy is what I meant . Myself and few of the brothers here in my area sign our e-mails to each other as Masonic hommie (it is an inside joke) .

Rough Ashlar

In English Comp, one learns proper writing techniques not grammar. Which happen to includes a section on writing professional documents.

Now if you are leaning more towards informal writing, I would venture a guess that it is OK.

Brother, I dont take your comments to be inflammatory.... I simple offered a suggestion that it would be better to err on the side of caution in "professional correspondence".... if anyone chooses to do so anyways...well thats their business.

Brother you dont have to worry about me unless you make a direct personal attack to me.....I have rather thick skin ( been a fireman too long to be sensitive to general comments).....I am a big boy.

I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't looking for a fight or trying to be a jerk. The idea was merely THAT--to "hide" identifiers in professional documents. I doubt anyway, that any widely published/accepted composition guidance would say anything about it, since it would be outside of their knowledge base (unless the author of your comp book was a brother) to be able to include anything about it....Does that make sense?

I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't looking for a fight or trying to be a jerk. The idea was merely THAT--to "hide" identifiers in professional documents. I doubt anyway, that any widely published/accepted composition guidance would say anything about it, since it would be outside of their knowledge base (unless the author of your comp book was a brother) to be able to include anything about it....Does that make sense?
I do know what you mean BUT in the book used for my class it does specifically mention leaving out all fraternal, civic and even volunteer organizations in professional correspondence.

BUT I am sure you are looking for a "sly" way to include something that only another Brother would recognize.......I think it would be cool too.

ref bold type: Its good, I dont offend easily......... I keep my big boy undies on at all times....LOL