Cult or No?

Chris From California

Proud Master Mason
Amazing. That took quite a while to read.

At the end of the day even if WE DID know the secrets about Charlotte and the Treasure do you really think we would discuss it in a forum?

Wow that ones gotta be for the records...

RoughAshlar

This thread should probably be locked. The nutbar is going to get emails that there are new posts and may see fit to come back and wage futher war on our thinkie cells!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This thread should probably be locked. The nutbar is going to get emails that there are new posts and may see fit to come back and wage futher war on our thinkie cells!

We'll see what happens . If he comes back one of us will probably lock it . This was a great thread with some meaningful thoughts and ideas till he got on here .

cummins tuner

Vide, Aude Tace
WOW! all i can say is wow.....might have been david icke him self lol

on a note back to topic. my family has been catholic ever since i could find recorded history. my family came from ireland and germany. im actualy second generation irish american. many men in my family was both masons and catholic. muct be somthing pretty speical if they risked persecution from the chruch in years gone past to be in the craft...

Chris From California

Proud Master Mason
WOW! all i can say is wow.....might have been david icke him self lol

on a note back to topic. my family has been catholic ever since i could find recorded history. my family came from ireland and germany. im actualy second generation irish american. many men in my family was both masons and catholic. muct be somthing pretty speical if they risked persecution from the chruch in years gone past to be in the craft...
It's amazing to me how much the Church hates Masonry. We have a brother who's been a member for over 50 years now. He was an elder in his church and they told him "either denounce Masonry and apologize to the church (and let everyone know he was a Mason) OR leave the church for good" I couldn't believe it. Come to find out it's the same church my parents attend.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Like the anti's , it's a miconception and misinterpretation of our rituals . They read them without any understanding of the symbolism and allegorical teachings of them . Our they believe what has been written about us by anti's out there trying to make a buck selling lies .

Woods

WOW!!! That was...ummmmm...interesting. Obviously not a Mason. You guys handled this topic very well. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was going to see when I started reading. I can tell you that I wasn't expecting that. After reading all of that, my desire to become a Mason has increased exponentially. My increased desire is due to the ways that the Masons on this board handled a guy like that. Well done guys....I look forward to the day I can call you Brothers.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Thanks , It was beginning to get difficult in dealing with him though . I give all credit to BG_TRBL for dealing with him because he left me speechless , I was beyond words .

Woods

When someone posts nonsense like that, it's very easy to get caught up in emotion and vent your frustration. I think everyone did an excellent job by not ridiculing this guy. His beliefs, as misconstrued as they may be, are still his beliefs. I am very impressed with the way "everyone" handled it. This thread could have easily went into a rant about how off the wall hat guy is. I don't agree with a word he said and I'm not sure I wouldn't have told him where to go. That, in itself, has proven to me how positive the Masonic influence is.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I appreciate the "kudo's" but, really, everyone did an excellent job in response. I was only attempting to follow one of our rules.. if you disagree, attack the post, not the poster. The opinions of everyone here are very important (especially to those posting), however, be prepared when posting, that not everyone shares your views. I am not sure "Son of David" understood that not everyone shares the same views.

Hopefully, anyone posting similar issues will receive the same treatment.

RWTeddy

yo....

This sounds like a plot from a movie...."i found this ring......"

What ever you do...DO NOT TRY THE RING ON......

If you do, you might be subject to an overwhelming feeling to devote yourself to Friendship, Morality and Brotherly Love

Take due notice.......

walls0stone

I've delt with this.

If we realy knew were some wild box of gold was, or if we could change the world...I don't think we'd be on a forum at the moment. I have some relation who fall for stories like this. The hard part is to keep your head.

ipr

Cult as a definition ... Ritualistic religious system, a devotion to a person or thing, popular fashion, denoting a fashionable person or thing ... Freemasonry is not a religion so to speak even though it contains elements that may resemble a "religion" ....the devotion in Freemasonry is about doing good ....popular fashion with the World War 2 generation, it's lost some ground with the passing away of it's ageing members; recruitment drives are not an option in Freemasonry to fill the vacancies. Summing it up...a cult can emerge in anything. Anytime you have a congregation of people with a purpose, that purpose can be taken to the extremes which can lead to a cult-like mentality among the members. Heres a relatively common real life example regarding Masonic lodges: Your local lodge might be comprised of a bunch of good ol boys who get together every week, do charity work, swap stories, play golf, drink beer, work together, help each other out ..etc etc another lodge a few counties over might dwell alot more on the teachings of Freemasonry ...you'll get alot more serious air in that lodge and the members might carry themselves a bit differently (A Scottish Rite lodge might appear this way)...neither lodge is wrong...both operate under the auspices of Freemasonry...although..the latter one might be more mis-construed over the other and set the tone of explanation for people looking for something dark,menacing with ulterior motives.

rescue48

Firedawg
To me it is for the simple fact that we meet in private. Anyone who doesn't have some kind of access in what we do automatically believes there must be something devious going on. If only they knew.

"People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public..."

Adam Smith

Enoch

Oh fun my first post on the most commonly asked question!

I agree with #57. Generally people speak out of context and dont know the true meaning of the word they are using.

Cult by definition has no negative connotation;

1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.

So reading the above definition, even if its considered a cult, who cares? Car clubs are cults, band groupies are cults, anything associated with the definition can be considered a cult.

The catholic church, and any real controlling religious body at that time, considered anything outside of its traditional practice, a cult. From the Ruling Sumerians to the modern day church.

By my point is, why is a cult a bad thing? Who cares really?

Its just another fine example of how people have the unique ability to associate a feeling with thier beliefs. If you dont believe in UFOs, then every UFO story is a hoax. Simple.