freemasonry v/s religon

what should we do if someone discredits us

• Total voters

Hawker

emfj

I see were you are coming from , have you ever been on "Ex-Masons for Jesus "? Will make your blood boil .
I am impossible to offend. I grew up in a family that LOVED to argue for sport. And yes I have been to emfj and yes my blood does boil. Not because they are "ex-masons" (lets see your last dues cards boys), not because they don't like or disagree with the lodge. But because they feel the need to lie.

I have been thinking about starting a web ministry called something like "Ex-Masons for Baal" or "Ex-Masons for Osiris" LOUDLY objecting to all the latent trinitarian symbolism that one (Wilmshurst for instance) can read into the degrees. :eek:

Green-Moo

I think you are quite right that you will never change the opinions of zealots. However, there are allot of people out there who are uncomfortable about Freemasonry, and if Hawker's suggestions would put them at ease then that would surely prevent them from slipping into the zealot's camp? I concur that there is allot of information about the Masons available on the net, but it tends not to be newsworthy current stuff that will grab the public attention.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If you go on youtube you find that some states have made videos explaining Freemasonry . What's funny is the anti's call it propaganda , while their videos are the "word of God" . There's one fella that has videos on there from Arkansas , just search for Freemasons and Arkansas and you can see them , who preaches against us , homosexuals and of all things the D.A.R.E. program . He says the DARE program is nothing more than Nazism and that finger printing and microchipping our children let's the goverment track our children . He would be funny if he was not dead serious about it .

mollyL

True enough, Ashlar, there appears to be a limitless supply of individuals who arrive at the most convoluted conclusions and theories based on the flimsiest of "evidence." I have to admit that I sometimes really lose any thread of logic that is supposed to hold these suppositions together. When people go on and on about the grand conspiracy behind Freemasonry they seem to add 2+2 and get = 3 or 5 but very rarely 4. It takes all kinds to populate a world of diversity, but you just can't help but wish that they'd take their meds. :)