Going to try to get know

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I was curious to see if you would EXPAND on your answer instead of giving a canned response. No need to get defensive. Let me rephrase the question; HOW do you think Freemasonry will enable you to become a better person or a better man?

Ok here is a list. of what I think they can help with me. You might think its wrong are you think that it's right. But It really doesn't matter what matters is if ill get in or not. Ill made some process.

1. It could help with my Work ethic.

2.It Help be more independent

3. Help me be more social

Anyways ill have come Long way. Since 1st singed up here. When I 1st singed up on here. Ill haven't even talked to mom about it yet. Now I have attended my 1st lodge dinner, I have filled out a petition and turned it in. Got two masons that will sign my petition. I'm pretty pound of my self:)

One of the masons. What is this 21 questions lol Ill can help out when comes the dinners getting everything ready. Ill don't how to cook. They can prblloy tech me. Mostly they BarBQ. So they show me how to do that.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
One of the masons. What is this 21 questions lol Ill can help out when comes the dinners getting everything ready. Ill don't how to cook. They can prblloy tech me. Mostly they BarBQ. So they show me how to do that.
The 21 questions are to teach you something about yourself and Masonry. Besides, ive only asked two questions. Ive got 19 more to go!

This big for me. To leave my Comfort zone. Ill never left it since 2010 that's when ill quit college. Ill was afraid to go out and try anything new. because ill didn't want to fail like I did in college. But my friend told me as long as you try you didn't fail if you don't try then you really fail.

Some Good life quotes. That has helped me.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. So if you’re feeling uncomfortable right now, know that the change taking place in your life is a beginning, not an ending

Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.

Well my plan trying to know them. Is not working out. Because they jobs and family's. So only way I’ll get can get to know they is at the lodge. As for older guys going to have lunch with them soon.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I'd stop trying to "get to know them" and wait and see if they accept your petition. Truthfully, If I had a candidate hounding me to "get to know him", I'd think that was a little creepy. Save the socializing for the Lodge dinners that you are invited to and leave it at that. Any more than that, and you are just coming off as co-dependent. There will be plenty of time to make friends if you are accepted.

Ya that's I'll will do. I'll already made good impression on one of the older guys. And going to have lunch with him I'n a few weeks at my work.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
As you have expressed dismay at the repetition of these questions, I'll continue until I'm satisfied....

You have stated that you expect the fraternity to teach you to be a better man. The fraternity will only give YOU the tools to do the work yourself. Don't expect anyone to do anything for you. While they may be nice to you, they cannot and will not give you anything. You have to be smart enough to figure things out for yourself. After all, they too are working on improving their own lives, and this is not a fraternity of entitlement just because you got voted in and paid some petty fee.

My question to you is this: What can the fraternity expect from you? What do you have to offer that a Lodge wants? Why should they vote yes on your petition?

.1They can expect a nice, carry guy, Anything 2.they want if they want help set up for the lodges dinners ill can do that are cleaning up after anything they need for me ill do it. 3. same answers 1 and 2

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
What if they told you that a widow needed her entire house painted, gutters cleaned, and yard mowed. You would receive no pay, but it was necessary in order to help the lady?

Then I will di it. I like help people. That person I am. Ever if they need someone talk to. Are need something done ill do it.:) Even if I'm there all day. I won't leave until everything's done.