Greetings!

Fireman

Hello, I am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum. I am still at the early stages of my journey in Freemasonry. I had my interviews and was voted on in October. Due to a demanding work schedule on my part and the Lodge I am joining being very active I just recently scheduled my EA for mid January, and I am very excited.

Good Day!

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Hello, I am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum. I am still at the early stages of my journey in Freemasonry. I had my interviews and was voted on in October. Due to a demanding work schedule on my part and the Lodge I am joining being very active I just recently scheduled my EA for mid January, and I am very excited.

Good Day!
Hooray! Where's your Lodge? I'm in Racine!!!

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
hello, i am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum. I am still at the early stages of my journey in freemasonry. I had my interviews and was voted on in october. Due to a demanding work schedule on my part and the lodge i am joining being very active i just recently scheduled my ea for mid january, and i am very excited.

Good day!
w e l c o m e ! ! ! !

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the start of a great adventure. It all starts with one step.

jaya

Welcome. Remember that every single man in that room went through the same process you are about to embark on. Try to pay attention as much as you can and enjoy yourself. Welcome to the forum.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Welcome to Freemason Hall! There are a few of us hose jockeys on this forum. I happen to be one of them. :1-wink-grin:

Fireman

I am learning very quickly that there seems to be a lot of Fire Fighters in the craft. I as told that the other candidate that;'s getting there EA with me is also a local fire fighter

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Union Grove, I am actually from the little town of Iron Ridge in Dodge county, but Union Grove is the only Lodge that has stated meetings on Saturdays and I work week nights
There are also a few daylight lodges around: they do their meetings in the mornings, hence 'daylight lodges'. One in Kenosha that I know of and I'm told there are a few others in the area.

Fireman

I must say that I do not know how to handle this situation. Do I continue to work with the lodge that's 90minutes away, or start over with one that's only 30 minutes away. I have been communicating/visiting with the distant lodge since August and finally nailed down a date for my EA, can I easily switch lodges between degrees? I am Kind of at a loss for direction here

I would finish my degree work where I started. Starting over at a closer lodge is possible but you would have to start the whole petition process over....

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I must say that I do not know how to handle this situation. Do I continue to work with the lodge that's 90minutes away, or start over with one that's only 30 minutes away. I have been communicating/visiting with the distant lodge since August and finally nailed down a date for my EA, can I easily switch lodges between degrees? I am Kind of at a loss for direction here
I would finish my degree work where I started. Starting over at a closer lodge is possible but you would have to start the whole petition process over....
I agree with that advice. Once you become a Master Mason, you can switch Lodges if you choose to do so much easier at that time.

jaya

You may or may not be able to switch right now anyway. It depends on the rules of the jurisdiction.