Hello from New Hampshire

devlin

Laus Deo
Hi, I'm rather new around here and hail from southwestern New Hampshire.

Submitted my petition early last month,
Had my IC meeting 2 weeks ago,

Now I am praying I will be accepted for initiation Monday!

:1-pray:

devlin

Laus Deo
Question

After they vote on the petition is a Master Mason of the lodge allowed to tell me if I made it or do I have to wait for official snail mail from an officer of the lodge?
I only ask because I have been attending the Tuesday morning coffee group our lodge has and I didn't know if any of them were allowed to say how it went or not. They are voting on Monday.....I am just anxious since I've been wanting to become a Mason for 20 years now... I just was under the wrong impression and thought it was an organization you were invited into not one you must ask to be a member of.

Also I wanted to thank you all for a warm welcome to your online community!

goomba

devlin, I (nor can anyone else) can't speak for what is acceptable thoughout the Masonic world. But when I was accepted this is how it went down. About 15 minutes after the vote the secretary called me letting me know. The next day a man from the investigation committee called me to make sure I had heard. Also on this day I happened to run into the Worshipful Master and he told me.

In my lodge anyone can tell you because they all know you want to know and they all want you to know! Remeber if you get voted in EVERYONE (at least here) wanted you!

So again in my lodge anyone can tell you and everyone will want to!!! Good luck!

devlin

Laus Deo
This is very good news

Goomba

Thank you for the quick reply. This may explain why one of the men from the Investigation committee saw me today and asked if I was planning on attending the Tuesday morning coffee (as I said in the previous post is the day after the vote!) which from what I have experienced is also commonly attended by among others the Worshipful Master.

I know you said you can't speak for all lodges but if ours works the same even burnt coffee will taste great Tuesday! I am of course thinking most positive. :1-wink-grin:

goomba

I work night shifts and have a lap top available most of the night. So what do I do? See if anybody post here or another Masonic forum I belong to.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I work night shifts and have a lap top available most of the night. So what do I do? See if anybody post here or another Masonic forum I belong to.
While you are at it , start a bunch pf threads and generate some discussion lol .

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Welcome to Freemason Hall! I grew up in New Hampshire and have friends in Keene. Sure is a small world, huh?

devlin

Laus Deo
Update!

Hi Guys!

Figured I would give you an update and let you know I was voted to take my degrees! I go for my EA May 9th!

:)

devlin

Laus Deo
Good gosh I thought waiting until May 9th was a test of patience... now they have pushed my EA back to June 13th! Aaaaaaaaugh!