The handshakes

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I think he thinks I'm picking on him. Which I'm not. I've asked the same question. I was hoping to get him to try and think more like a Mason would.

He has been told about trying to is MS Word to help his grammar and sentence structure before several times, but I guess he doesn't want to.

When asked why he doesn't make efforts to improve his grammar and rhetoric, he answers that this is the way he types. I guess he just expects us to deal with it as he is unwilling to put in a sustained effort.

Yesterday I was at my cousin’s house. For a party and he introduced to his girlfriend brother he told that he was a freemason. He is showed me one of the grips I was thinking why is he showing me this? He is not allowed to do that. I have talked to other masons on Facebook about this and they telling that I have been fooled and that guy is not a real mason. What do you guys think?

goomba

I think you have been purposelessly typing horrible to get under out skin. Now that the majority of site is tired of it you magically type fine.

I think he is a cowan.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I think you have been purposelessly typing horrible to get under out skin. Now that the majority of site is tired of it you magically type fine.

I think he is a cowan.
Eavesdropper is the more appropriate term. As far as his purposely doing things, I don't know what his motives are. I see a trend in his behavior, and that's of a desire to improve followed by a brief attempt. The desire quickly fades, as it is too much work to be bothered with in the long term. This comes from a long history of getting by with saying "that things have always been that way", etc.

He got very upset and offended with me when I suggested that he start thinking like a Mason. He strikes me as the independent type that thinks "I or we" are trying to make him think like "us". It's not an "US" thing at all. Freemasonry is about changing yourself for the better. What this young main fails miserably to see, is that his current way of "thinking" is inherently flawed, and quite frankly, pompous. Thinking outside of the box is not in his vocabulary yet. Any attempts to explain that to him, or question him to get him to think, will be met with resistance.

I like the guy, but at this point I will no longer discuss anything to do with Freemasonry with him. He says that he can get all the answers he needs at the Lodge he is petitioning, and will answer their questions if THEY ask. He seems to feel that he as an "in" with them, and that they are solely who he needs to deal with. That is fine with me, but he is wasting all of our time by his posting on a Freemason forum if he doesn't want to learn from us or discuss real masonic topics. If you all choose to entertain conversation with him do it at your own risk. I do not want to hear complaints of frustration when you encourage him to do what he has always done.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Yesterday I was at my cousin’s house. For a party and he introduced to his girlfriend brother he told that he was a freemason. He is showed me one of the grips I was thinking why is he showing me this? He is not allowed to do that. I have talked to other masons on Facebook about this and they telling that I have been fooled and that guy is not a real mason. What do you guys think?

James, why are you asking the same question on multiple forums? Plus on Facebook? Are you expecting multiple responses?

Not everybody goes. To the same forum's. But everybody giving me the same responses. That this guy could be fake. Also I think his sister said that he never really joined.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
James, why are you asking the same question on multiple forums? Plus on Facebook? Are you expecting multiple responses?
It would appear that he doesn't realize that Mason's who belong to one forum, tend to belong to most of the other popular ones. Facebook included.

Even if we don't post, we read the threads.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
It would appear that he doesn't realize that Mason's who belong to one forum, tend to belong to most of the other popular ones. Facebook included.

Even if we don't post, we read the threads.
Very true. I post most often here but belong to many including UGLE boards.

But I digress. The point is that the advice given won't change.