What are you reading ?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Reading The Builders. Loving the way Joseph Newton puts together sentences.
Part 3, The Masonic Philosophy:

Upon this philosophy Masonry rests, and finds a rock beneath:

On Him, this corner-stone we build.
On Him, this edifice erect:
And still, until this work's fulfilled,
May He the workman's ways direct.

Just finished The Builders: Wow!

CoachN

Builder Builder
Just got the first version of Mackey's Encyclopedia in the mail today. I'm looking forward to reading it!
It's a hoot. I have a hard copy of the 1917 print. I can no longer count the number of hours that I spent going form one topic to another.

I can get lost in it and it raises more questions each time I do.

Zack...... I believe you will be pleased to know that the good Dr. Nagy just happens to participate on this forum.....What do you think Coach ;)

DavisB

I am about half way through Solomon's Builders: Fremasons, Founding Fathers and the Secrets of Washington D.C. and I really like it so far. I especially liked the section about Major General Gilbert Lafayette. I knew he was influential in the Revolutionary War but, Bro. Hodapp's book showed me what a truly inspirational figure he was.

Does anyone know of a good biography about Lafayette?

rbryantr

Re-reading the 7th Harry Potter, a book by David Weber of an alternate history, a book about plant propigation, and re-reading mt AEMT text.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The first one?
Yep , never read the books and have not seen all of the movies . So I am going to read all the books , then watch or re-watch all the movies in order .

I have two other books going at the same time also . Freemasonry in the morning and afternoon/evening and fiction at bedtime .

DavisB

Yep , never read the books and have not seen all of the movies . So I am going to read all the books , then watch or re-watch all the movies in order .

I have two other books going at the same time also . Freemasonry in the morning and afternoon/evening and fiction at bedtime .
They are great and reading them before you see the movie is definitely the way to go.

G

Gary

They are great and reading them before you see the movie is definitely the way to go.
My wife agrees. I've never read the books, but she likes to point out the differences from the books and the movies. The movies are great, the books are even better according to her.

She says you are in for a treat Ashlar!

I just received the three books from Dr. Nagy. I started reading Building Hiram. very enlightening stuff!

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Just finished another of James Patterson novels. If you don't know who he is, he is the author who wrote "Kiss the girls" and "Along came a spider" which were made into movies. I started reading his novels about 4 years ago, and to be honest, when I start one of his, I find it tough to put down. I suggest checking him out if you haven't already. He writes extremely well, and very entertaining.

DavisB

My wife agrees. I've never read the books, but she likes to point out the differences from the books and the movies. The movies are great, the books are even better according to her.

She says you are in for a treat Ashlar!

I just received the three books from Dr. Nagy. I started reading Building Hiram. very enlightening stuff!
The only movie that I did not like was the fourth. I did not like all of the things that were cut out. But I guess that is what you get when you try to make a 600 page book into a movie.