What are you reading ?

G

Gary

Yeah, I think Coach should. That Dr. Nagy guy is pretty interesting. :cool:

I do recommend the books. They are not voluminous "door stop" tomes, but I can glean from the first book that they are packed with ponderous gems. It's easy reading, but will definitely get your brain working. I like that.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Scored a copy of Esoteria on EBAY

$43! Woot! :)

(I am adding it to the Mason 'pile').

The Freemasons Key (editted by Poll)
A New Encyclopaedia of FM (Waite)
FM for Dummies
Esoteria

Read The Builders (Library book & downloaded an e-copy)

I am currently reading:
Fire Behavior and Combustion Processes by Raymond Shackelford

I am working one cracking the esoteric code of the fire Tetrahedron:eek:

CoachN

Builder Builder
Yeah, I think Coach should. That Dr. Nagy guy is pretty interesting. :cool:

I do recommend the books. They are not voluminous "door stop" tomes, but I can glean from the first book that they are packed with ponderous gems. It's easy reading, but will definitely get your brain working. I like that.
(I heard rumor that there will be a four volume out in January) ;)

G

Gary

Bro. Russ, I strongly recommend that you go ahead and get at least the first book- Building Hiram.

The three book package is a deal and will save on shipping though. Trust me, you'll want a head start on the material well before the fourth book comes out.

I don't know the author personally, nor do I have any vested interest in his sale of books. I will say that the information contained therein is of great interest to Masons looking to better understand the lessons in the catechisms, and Freemasonry in general.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Rumor has it that I must going to buy the 3 piece set, until I saws the 4-volume was coming out soon.
My bad. I should have said "fourth" volume.

I have no clue as to the 4-volume set situation, but I do like what Brother GaryE wrote.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Have put all my Masonic books back on the shelf for a while , burned out (or Masoned out I should say) and it is time to step back , take a deep breath and get away from it all or at the very least do as little as possible .

Winter

I've been here before
I'm reading a veritable but-load of stuff for college. But I also always have to have something to get my mind of things!

I just started "A Clash of Kings" the second book in the "Song of Fire and Ice series by George R. R. Martin. I have to say, I'm really getting into it. Well written with rich background and lots of juicy plot elements. And the good guys don't always win! lol In fact, they seem to get screwed over a lot.

Winter

I've been here before
I'll have to check that out. I'm always looking for something to read since I devour books!

I used to make fun of my roommate all the time for readign the Harry Potter books. Then he says, "Have you ever read them?" So I says, "Ha! No!" He tells me to read them and then make fun of him.

I borrowed the first one and said, "Fine." After I finished, I went back to him and said, "uh... can I borrow the next one?" LOL

I havee to say, I can see why they're so popular. And round about book four, they get dark!

G

Gary

Excellent! The books are pocket size. I find them perfect for bringing with me to work to read during my lunch time, etc...

Be warned...Don't let the size of them fool you.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'll have to check that out. I'm always looking for something to read since I devour books!

I used to make fun of my roommate all the time for readign the Harry Potter books. Then he says, "Have you ever read them?" So I says, "Ha! No!" He tells me to read them and then make fun of him.

I borrowed the first one and said, "Fine." After I finished, I went back to him and said, "uh... can I borrow the next one?" LOL

I havee to say, I can see why they're so popular. And round about book four, they get dark!
I like it (Harry Potter) so far , but I am the type that I will have a stack of novels on my beside table with book marks at various chapters , reading them all . I will read a chapter in one book then switch to another , then another .

If I like a book well enough , I will re-read it , such as "The Cabinet of Curiosities" (Preston and Child had written "Relic" , another good read) . I have lost count at how many times I have re-read Jimmy Buffett's "Tales from Margariteville" (My original copy has been all over the world and through a war with me in the Corps and is held together with tape )

Duncan1574

Excellent! The books are pocket size. I find them perfect for bringing with me to work to read during my lunch time, etc...

Thats it! The true secret of FM is that size doesn't matter!:eek::eek:

Duncan1574

Coach's reading order:
Recommendation:
EA level - Volume 2
FC level - Volume 3
MM level - Volume 1 (and 4 when it's available ;-)

Yes. Please only read that degree level which you've already received. You'll enjoy your degrees more this way.

THANKS Bro. John.:)

G

Gary

Yep! the books are in volumes, but the volume numbers don't correspond numerically with the degrees. I'm glad he gave you the recommendation.

I'm halfway through the first book (would have finished in a day, but I'm taking notes!!!), so I haven't looked at the other two yet. I wouldn't have been able to advise you of that.

I imagine you'll want to do the same and take notes. Besides, he ships the orders uber fast, so you'll have the books in no time (provided USPS does their part). :D