Arguments against recognizing PHA Masonry-They'll take over!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Very good question brother. As you may or may not know, I am Maori, a native of New Zealand. I have never come across any hostility from any other brethren here in New Zealand. In fact when I was initiated the Maori Masonic Group all attended and they filled all the officers chairs (except in the East) for my initiation. A part of the ritual was also translated into Maori especially for my initiation. They also used several Maori customs in open lodge, including traditional speech making (whaikorero) and action songs. It was very special indeed. In refectory following the ceremony the visitors charge was done by one of the Maori brethren in Maori, and as the candidate I responded to the toast in Maori as well. I think that gives a fairly good idea about the dynamic between Maori and non-Maori Freemasons here in New Zealand. It is rather good considering the first Maori Freemason was only initiated in 1908...
I would have loved to have seen that .

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Shed a little light for me brothers. What is the standard for fraternal recognition if the GL, your GL recognizes as a MS GL, recognizes the PHA GL in it's own jurisdiction? If this is unclear what is the ruling on a PHA MM from Ohio, where MS & PHA have recognition, travels to a jurisdiction where the MS doesn't recognize the PHA counterpart? Furthermore, what if the PHA in that area isn't recognized by the MWPHGL of OH?

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Shed a little light for me brothers. What is the standard for fraternal recognition if the GL, your GL recognizes as a MS GL, recognizes the PHA GL in it's own jurisdiction? If this is unclear what is the ruling on a PHA MM from Ohio, where MS & PHA have recognition, travels to a jurisdiction where the MS doesn't recognize the PHA counterpart? Furthermore, what if the PHA in that area isn't recognized by the MWPHGL of OH?
In the GLAF&AM of NC (we're the mainsteam or 'George Washington' Masons), we must recognize each foreign grand lodge on an individual basis, after investigation for regularity. If the local PHA GL recognizes another GL, that does not affect our recognition.
I was not aware that we only recognized the _NC_ PHA GL in 2008, and may have done some visiting out of state that was...

S&F

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
In the GLAF&AM of NC (we're the mainsteam or 'George Washington' Masons), we must recognize each foreign grand lodge on an individual basis, after investigation for regularity. If the local PHA GL recognizes another GL, that does not affect our recognition.
I was not aware that we only recognized the _NC_ PHA GL in 2008, and may have done some visiting out of state that was...

S&F
Thanks for your guidance. I found it interesting that some PHA GL's don't recognize others. Could this also be a hinderance in MS and PHA confirming mutual recognition?

On a different note. I was led to believe that the GLF&AM of Ohio is the GL that gave WV its charters to form it's own GL. Now that WV has withdrawn fraternal recoginition with Ohio would this "technically" affect that standing? If I'm malinformed please correct.