Chewing the inside of my jowells off to avoid argument

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
When the conspiracists, whackos and other nut jobs start going on about Masonic World Domination, I just smile and say, "Yeah, we're going to get on that right after pancake breakfast."

Well it looks like I called this guy on his bluff. He mentioned that Masonic charity isn't really charity. If a brother doesn't help another then everyone beats him up. When asked where did he hear this he said that it was from an ex-girlfriend who was in the Delaware chapter Order of the Eastern Star and her Dad was "The Second Highest Mason in Delaware" so the information has to be true. I then asked him a question that he had a hard time answering..."What's her name?" He stammered and said "it was so long ago and it wasn't in Delaware" I retorted, "Wait! Didn't you just say that she was in the DELAWARE chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star? Also what was her Dad's name and title? I am asking this because I could bring that lodge on charges. So, I ask again, 'What's her name?' ". Needless, to say I never got an answer and he has avoided me since.:cool:

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Give him a gift he'll be sure to use this Christmas... tin-foil. Be sure to take a business card of a local shrink and write "Tru-TV. Friday. 10PM." on the back and stick it in with the card. Wrap it up nice with a S&C themed wrapping paper.

G

Gary

No. Not good. Now hound him and make him think we're watching him! LOL
Give him a gift he'll be sure to use this Christmas... tin-foil. Be sure to take a business card of a local shrink and write "Tru-TV. Friday. 10PM." on the back and stick it in with the card. Wrap it up nice with a S&C themed wrapping paper.
You guys are hilarious... Karma is a Biotch.....

Another round...

I had another approach me about the fraternity. This guy happens to be a "FundeMENTAList Christian".* He approached me and said, "Kevin, you know that The Masons are based on a pagan cult, right?" I answered, "No more so the European-based Christianity!". "My Lord and Savior is not a Pagan god!" he protested. I then said, "I didn't say that about Jesus. I was saying how the Roman Empire twisted the religion to suit the tastes of and keep the peace with the subjects in the western part of the empire. For instance, when do you go to church?” He answered with some indignation in his voice, "Every Sunday!" I answered back, "Well Sunday was the Celtic Sabbath. You see, the Holy Bible never makes mention of changing the Sabbath day from the last day of the week (Saturday) to the First day of the week (Sunday). That was the work of Emperor Constantine in order to make Christianity more palatable to the Celts." I then decided to mess with him further by saying "I bet you take part in a holiday originally dedicated to the Egyptian sun god, Ra, where you pay homage to instrument of torture and drink the blood and eat the flesh of that victim!". "I am a Christian and don't take part on anything so Satanic!" he then nearly yelled out. "You mean you have never taken part in Communion?" I asked. "Yeah but what does communion have to do with that?" he asked me all confused. I said "Well the instrument of torture is the crucifix/cross, the blood is the wine/grape juice and the flesh is the bread/wafer. Furthermore, the first Sunday of the month was originally an Egyptian holiday dedicated to Ra. If you look at the Scriptures you will see that when Jesus commanded to 'do this in remembrance of me' it was during the Jewish holiday of Passover!" His final response was to point his finger at me and say, "I rebuke your lies in the name of Jesus!" To which I said, "Were I actually lying, I might feel compelled to repent for it. However, I don't feel the need to do so because I am speaking honestly. Also, don't be rebuking me in Jesus' name, who also happens to be my Lord and Savior as well, by the way, because that is using his name in vain which the Good Book says is wrong". He walked away. I love it when the dull and ignorant try to ruffle my feathers and I remain calm and throw factual information in thier faces!:)
* This is not a slight to Christians as that I am one (and proud to be so), myself

johnj1582

"I bet you take part in a holiday originally dedicated to the Egyptian sun god, Ra, where you pay homage to instrument of torture and drink the blood and eat the flesh of that victim!"
I have used that same line with people before, and they usually stammer and sputter for a few seconds when you give them the (for lack of a better word) "punchline".

it's either a stop-hit to the discussion, or it just makes them fall back on the old "well, Albert Pike said it was a Luciferian Doctrine. you're just not high enough up."

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I have used that same line with people before, and they usually stammer and sputter for a few seconds when you give them the (for lack of a better word) "punchline".

it's either a stop-hit to the discussion, or it just makes them fall back on the old "well, Albert Pike said it was a Luciferian Doctrine. you're just not high enough up."
High enough? I like using the truth about degrees: the highest Freemason is a Master Mason, a 3rd degree. The others are groups of Master Masons and the degrees within those groups are only meaningful inside the particular group.

High enough? I like using the truth about degrees: the highest Freemason is a Master Mason, a 3rd degree. The others are groups of Master Masons and the degrees within those groups are only meaningful inside the particular group.
That is something that always gets me. If we (Free Masons) bring up something that goes against their (our detractors') beliefs, then we MUST be lying! My response has always been, "If I were lying, then what would I gain from it. Furthermore, you have known me for years and know that I am a straight shooter!"*

*The individuals accusing me of lying are folks that I have worked with for YEARS and know that my integrity is beyond question yet I am still a liar when it comes to this! Figure THAT one out!:confused:

Robert Birtch

DeMolay/Freemason
Eh, if they think you're a liar, then they clearly have a malfunction in their brains. We should call up the brain repair division, they will modify your coworkers brains to believe whatever you say as true.

johnj1582

hmmm... i wonder if the Brain repair division could spare me a lil bit in the way of some extra memory... i figure a couple Tb will do nicely...

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I had another approach me about the fraternity. This guy happens to be a "FundeMENTAList Christian".* He approached me and said, "Kevin, you know that The Masons are based on a pagan cult, right?" I answered, "No more so the European-based Christianity!". "My Lord and Savior is not a Pagan god!" he protested. I then said, "I didn't say that about Jesus. I was saying how the Roman Empire twisted the religion to suit the tastes of and keep the peace with the subjects in the western part of the empire. For instance, when do you go to church?” He answered with some indignation in his voice, "Every Sunday!" I answered back, "Well Sunday was the Celtic Sabbath. You see, the Holy Bible never makes mention of changing the Sabbath day from the last day of the week (Saturday) to the First day of the week (Sunday). That was the work of Emperor Constantine in order to make Christianity more palatable to the Celts." I then decided to mess with him further by saying "I bet you take part in a holiday originally dedicated to the Egyptian sun god, Ra, where you pay homage to instrument of torture and drink the blood and eat the flesh of that victim!". "I am a Christian and don't take part on anything so Satanic!" he then nearly yelled out. "You mean you have never taken part in Communion?" I asked. "Yeah but what does communion have to do with that?" he asked me all confused. I said "Well the instrument of torture is the crucifix/cross, the blood is the wine/grape juice and the flesh is the bread/wafer. Furthermore, the first Sunday of the month was originally an Egyptian holiday dedicated to Ra. If you look at the Scriptures you will see that when Jesus commanded to 'do this in remembrance of me' it was during the Jewish holiday of Passover!" His final response was to point his finger at me and say, "I rebuke your lies in the name of Jesus!" To which I said, "Were I actually lying, I might feel compelled to repent for it. However, I don't feel the need to do so because I am speaking honestly. Also, don't be rebuking me in Jesus' name, who also happens to be my Lord and Savior as well, by the way, because that is using his name in vain which the Good Book says is wrong". He walked away. I love it when the dull and ignorant try to ruffle my feathers and I remain calm and throw factual information in thier faces!:)
* This is not a slight to Christians as that I am one (and proud to be so), myself
Bravo!

It always amazes me when people don't understand the Scripture they are quoting.

pnr

This is classic. This was pretty much the exact exchange that my cousin and I had when he found out that I am a Mason.

(On a sidenote: I just notice you are located on Delmarva as well.)

Well it seems that guy's true colors have come out. He was looking at a You Tube video (which always is SO accurate) about how the Masonic Symbol looks like the Star of David and are therefore trying to help the Jews take over the world and then he said (thinking I wasn't around) to his "followers" (who were impressionable airmen), "You see? I told you the Masonry is Satanic because Jews cause all of the world's problems!" Another Airmen who happens to be Jewish and overheard this reported him! The airmen have been told to stay away from him and he's been given a suspension!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Well it seems that guy's true colors have come out. He was looking at a You Tube video (which always is SO accurate) about how the Masonic Symbol looks like the Star of David and are therefore trying to help the Jews take over the world and then he said (thinking I wasn't around) to his "followers" (who were impressionable airmen), "You see? I told you the Masonry is Satanic because Jews cause all of the world's problems!" Another Airmen who happens to be Jewish and overheard this reported him! The airmen have been told to stay away from him and he's been given a suspension!
It's amazing to me that people are so easily fooled by a silly video. I guess I should be in the bridge sales business.