Forum Question from Elsewhere

We shouldnt have to adjust our paths to co-ordinate with our religions...if we are doing the work correctly as masons, the two paths will run as one in the same....

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
We shouldnt have to adjust our paths to co-ordinate with our religions...if we are doing the work correctly as masons, the two paths will run as one in the same....
Valid Touche!

Life is the terrain. Religion is the path and FM is the map?

Does this mean that FM pulls the paths into each other. You know, no perputal distance.

Valid Touche!

Does this mean that FM pulls the paths into each other. You know, no perputal distance.
Not necessarily since not all masons are religious.... but for the religious mason, the two paths can be one in the same.... I remember something about masonry not interfering with any duties we have.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Wait I'm now remembering in another thread the decision that religion is a map for our spiritual journey. So what exactly are we saying FM is the map for?

G

Gary

Valid Touche!

Here is my take on the quote in bold:

Life is the terrain, Your relationship with G-d is the path, and Masonry the map.

Exclude the definition of "religion" from the equation. It pits one against the other along the path. If you are "religious" and I am not, am I not a Mason?

We both have a belief in Diety, and we both have a unique relationship with G-d. What's the difference?

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Here is my take on the quote in bold:

Life is the terrain, Your relationship with G-d is the path, and Masonry the map.

Exclude the definition of "religion" from the equation. It pits one against the other along the path. If you are "religious" and I am not, am I not a Mason?

We both have a belief in Diety, and we both have a unique relationship with G-d. What's the difference?
Religion was the wrong choice of wording.

G

Gary

No it wasn't Brother. It was the most common association for one's relationship with Diety. Most don't think about it any differently. I merely pointed out that fact.

That's the cool thing about Masonry. it trains your mind to think differently.

G

Gary

The journey in masonry is not spiritual or religious but it can go hand in hand with each other....
Yup!!! When we travel the terrain, masonry should enhance our spiritual and religious experience.

G

Gary

My journey in Masonry is Spiritual. I would not do it any other way or for any other reason.
It's a marvel how a man can say so few words, but in the process... communicate so many... :cool:

G

Gary

Well he IS an author, speaker, philosopher, and Freemason.
I hope to emulate that. With any luck, I'll have my first article published soon. I still have LOTS to learn. I'm thankful for mentors like him who blaze the trail for myself and others to follow. I've said it before. He's a very cunning linguist.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I hope to emulate that. With any luck, I'll have my first article published soon. I still have LOTS to learn. I'm thankful for mentors like him who blaze the trail for myself and others to follow. I've said it before. He's a very cunning linguist.
Emulate but don't copy.

G

Gary

Never. I'm my own man, and he is very gracious in helping me develop into a unique Mason. We have a sacred trust in that department.