Hiram Abiff

G

Gary

We do not use slides , we use our words and we go into great detail concerning the matter so there will be no confusion .
We don't use slides, but there are pictures and props used to demonstrate the various points of the lecture. Detail? not so much. That is the part I feel needs a bit of work in our lectures in my jurisdiction.

Apparently, it's a verbatim lecture with no room for a pause and deeper discussion. If the candidate doesn't ask after the lecture, they leave with a fairly literal interpretation of what was presented.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Apparently, it's a verbatim lecture with no room for a pause and deeper discussion. If the candidate doesn't ask after the lecture, they leave with a fairly literal interpretation of what was presented.
Which is, of course, their right.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
When you see a Master Mason Raised Ky style , you will not soon forget it . I know our Master Masons never do . We once went to Ohio to put on a degree for them and an older Ohio Mason leaned over and told a new Ohio Master Mason that he is getting ready to see what Raising a Master Mason is all about . The new Master Mason said "Pfft , it couldn't be any different than my degree" when we were done , the new Ohio MM looked at me and said "Thank the Lord I am not from KY!"

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We do not only give the literal presentation but go into detail as to why HA was raised and other points in the degrees . This can be done on the lodge level , what is stopping your lodge from explaining the degrees afterward in detail to the candidate , unless the old heads want to go home and get to bed ?

G

Gary

We do not only give the literal presentation but go into detail as to why HA was raised and other points in the degrees . This can be done on the lodge level , what is stopping your lodge from explaining the degrees afterward in detail to the candidate , unless the old heads want to go home and get to bed ?
DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner! :rolleyes:

Well, that's part of the problem. I'm also not sure if there is room for any elaboration in the regulations. I know that in Lodge for our ME during stated, there is a strict guideline as what can be taught. The FL GL has a list.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
True, but it leaves a lot of room for misinterpretation if you ask me. Not that the literal presentation of the lecture is bad, it just doesn't cover the bases in my opinion. YMMV.
I wish I had know that I could 'interrupt' & ask questions! I was a single initiation, so there would have been plenty of time. Can't wait for my FC & MM lectures. But then I knew some of the material in the EA lecture because of my Biblical studies.

I was highly impressed with the fact that it was all from memory, there were a few books open on the sidelines with Brothers following along to better learn the parts. My Brother from Home Depot is newly Raised and is being cultivated for the Chairs, so he was very diligently following along. :)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner! :rolleyes:

Well, that's part of the problem. I'm also not sure if there is room for any elaboration in the regulations. I know that in Lodge for our ME during stated, there is a strict guideline as what can be taught. The FL GL has a list.
we do this on a lodge level mind you and it is not a jurisdiction wide thing . I felt that the degrees were lacking , and left the candidate scratching his head afterwards so I felt that we needed to do some explaining . If the old heads want to go home , a few of us will stick around after the meeting and explain things to the new brother and try and make it as clear as we can , even if he asks questions or not .

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
When you see a Master Mason Raised Ky style , you will not soon forget it . I know our Master Masons never do . We once went to Ohio to put on a degree for them and an older Ohio Mason leaned over and told a new Ohio Master Mason that he is getting ready to see what Raising a Master Mason is all about . The new Master Mason said "Pfft , it couldn't be any different than my degree" when we were done , the new Ohio MM looked at me and said "Thank the Lord I am not from KY!"
Lolol ... I had a similar experience when I first got to witness some Prince Hall work. What they require their candidates to do and go through, and the exacting standards of memory work that they hold them to ... let's just say that I'm happy I didn't go through Prince Hall. Those Brothers are tough.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I wish I had know that I could 'interrupt' & ask questions! I was a single initiation, so there would have been plenty of time. Can't wait for my FC & MM lectures. But then I knew some of the material in the EA lecture because of my Biblical studies.

I was highly impressed with the fact that it was all from memory, there were a few books open on the sidelines with Brothers following along to better learn the parts. My Brother from Home Depot is newly Raised and is being cultivated for the Chairs, so he was very diligently following along. :)
Depends on the jurisdiction, Brother. Here in Wisconsin, if you interrupt ... we'll kill you! :mad: So you'd just better watch yourself! ;)

Saskwatch........I have seen the Discovery and History channels specials about you....wait until I pass on where you have been hiding.....

Gus....your wife is a shaved bigfoot.....WTF is goonie -gooo-goo