How do we progress through the degrees?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Well. If you read Bro. Hodapp's Freemasonry for Dummies you'll find a great explanation of why we in the US have our Stateds in the 3rd. Warning: It will not make you less frustrated. The reason is really not to "give you a goal to become a MM." You already had that goal when you signed your petition. As I've already written (where I chastised you on another thread today), you and only you can make Masonry 'work'. Nobody's going to make the Lodge work for you. And again - being an E-Mason is a great thing, but it's only a pale imitation of being a committed and active Mason in a real life Lodge (IF you're committed enough to make it work).
I am some learing to do about patience (patients are for DOCTORS). As stated in the other thread, the footprint will wash off......

St. Paul, ...now I see palely, then face to face....

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I am some learing to do about patience (patients are for DOCTORS). As stated in the other thread, the footprint will wash off......

St. Paul, ...now I see palely, then face to face....
Well, Brother, it's not entirely your issue. Your Lodge should be working even harder than you are to make you welcome and keep you involved. I'd run for Grand Master, only I'd prolly be the first GM ever assassinated by his own officers. (sigh) ;)

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Dang those EAs' , loan them a book and never see either them or the book again !!

Just kidding !!
The problem is that I do see this former EA at Lodge from time to time. His work schedule keeps him away. One day he'll give it back. One day. I'd call out the EIEIO on him, but they'd prolly keep the book, too.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Move to Massachusetts. My Lodge opens on the first degree unless we are doing degree work on a higher degree. That's part of why we have two Communications each month. The "business meeting" always opens on the first degree. If all goes as planned, even the degree work doesn't exclude anyone. We work in a three month cycle so, as long as each Candidate is doing what he needs to do for each degree in the month he is given to do it in, the Lodge is always opened on the degree that the Candidates are about to receive.

I can understand the reluctance of the more senior Masons to change their ways and many would say we have gone too far for the sake of survival of the Craft. Some would say the Craft deserves to fade away if we can't stick with our traditional ways. Being so new to the fraternity, I may be speaking out of turn but from what I've seen, the cream rises to the top. The Brothers I see at every event and Communication are the core and strength of my Lodge and I'm proud to be counted among them. The men who join the Lodge for what they believe the Craft will do for them (connections, NWO ;) ) are usually very disappointed and we get to keep their dues when they don't come back.