How old is your Lodge?

Winter

I've been here before
Well, most of The Late Unpleasantness was the result of Northern troops trying to occupy the South by invasion, wasn't it?

:D
As we saw it, the Southern staes legally seceeded from the Union. We wanted the beaches, so we had no choice but to invade and take em!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The War of Northern Aggression

As we saw it, the Southern staes legally seceeded from the Union. We wanted the beaches, so we had no choice but to invade and take em!
And y'all continue to invade us.
Stay up north January 9 through 16th, we're going to Myrtle Beach!

:p

DavisB

Cute, Brother. lol
I have heard the Civil War referred to as "The War of Northern Aggression" more times than I can count, especially at my lodge whenever the Civil War history it has is mentioned. The other popular name is, "The 2nd Revolution." ;)

Winter

I've been here before
And y'all continue to invade us.
Stay up north January 9 through 16th, we're going to Myrtle Beach!

:p
No can do. I'm a carpetbagger born and bred! LOL

I was born in Maine and grew up between there and Florida. Most of my family winters in Florida nd summers in Maine.

Matter of fact, Florida is where I call home. That's ok though since every Southerner knows that Florida is not a Southern state, it's the beachhead for the next war of Yankee Aggresion! The more North you go in Forida, the more South you get! :D

Bob Franks

No can do. I'm a carpetbagger born and bred! LOL

I was born in Maine and grew up between there and Florida. Most of my family winters in Florida nd summers in Maine.

Matter of fact, Florida is where I call home. That's ok though since every Southerner knows that Florida is not a Southern state, it's the beachhead for the next war of Yankee Aggresion! The more North you go in Forida, the more South you get! :D
Heck, I don't care if you go through the Carolinas on your way to Florida. Just spend some money on gas, food, and lodging...and KEEP GOING!

CARY, NC: City in Research Triangle Area named for acronym - Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.

:D

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
No offense, but the beaches here stink. I enjoyed the beach I used to go when I lived on Long Island. They had waves and sand. Down here you get ripples and sea shells to walk on. And if you head over to the other coast you have to walk out half a mile to get to water above your knees. But the beaches in the Carolina's are nice.

G

Gary

You've obviously never been to the Keys. Beautiful water, SANDY beaches and scantily clad women. Palm trees, sunsets, need I go on?

Sure Hudson beach stinks. It's a cesspool. :eek:

Winter

I've been here before
My Brother lives in Pensacola and those beaches were really nice. I used to love the beaches around Indian Rocks, Madiera, St. Pete where I grew up.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You've obviously never been to the Keys. Beautiful water, SANDY beaches and scantily clad women. Palm trees, sunsets, need I go on?

Sure Hudson beach stinks. It's a cesspool. :eek:
I love the Keys . The most beautiful beach I have ever been on is in the Bahamas .

Bropreston

Silverdale lodge is 60 years old, oh and we have a beach..... but I wouldn`t swim in it unless you wanted to freeze your nuts off!!:D

johnj1582

The Colony Masonic Lodge #1451 is probably the youngest on this list... but i believe we received our charter in 1987, so we're coming up on 24 years!

Hndrx

Our charter was granted in November of 1840 by the Grand Lodge of the Republic of Texas.

So I guess we are coming up on 171 years.

Bob Franks

Our charter was granted in November of 1840 by the Grand Lodge of the Republic of Texas.

So I guess we are coming up on 171 years.
Brother Hndrx, open a thread on "Initiation," and tell us a little about yourself.

S&F

pnr

My lodge has the original Maryland charter still hanging on the wall - 1816 but our WM says that we had a Pennsylvanian charter dating back to the 1780's, I think.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I think my lodge is eether 18, 6, or 5 months old, depending on whether you date from dispensation, charter, or consecration. :)

Arts & Sciences Lodge No. 792, Ohio
Steev I haven't had the chance but I'm looking forward to making a visit to your lodge. Heard you guys are doing a few things different there, more English style?? How was your inspection??

Reynoldsburg Lodge 340 is 150 in June of 2012. So we get a reconsecration with a lot of Grand Lodge Officers and I'm the SD next year:eek::eek: