Knight Templar Gang!?!?!

T

The Alchemist

Really, Alex Jones! LOL Man we've got so much power according to him! I wish I could have gotten unemployment or a decent paying job! Crap I'll settle for the right to choose the final show of the night!

Serious note: This is getting out-of-hand!
You mean to tell me that you don't get a million dollars deposited into your bank account and access to area 51 after becoming a Master Mason? :1-wink-grin:

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
You mean to tell me that you don't get a million dollars deposited into your bank account and access to area 51 after becoming a Master Mason? :1-wink-grin:
You do get the key to the Templar Treasure Room, just not the map of how to find it. I was disappointed, too.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer

NO! absolutely NOT! (BTW-That flying saucer was a gas to fly, & you'll need the Million$, you hae to buy your own fuel, interstellar freight charges are astronomical)

Bluetemplar

Has anyone heard anything about the Mexican Drug Cartel that's using the name Knight Templar, has it's members dress in full regalia and swear blood oaths.
That is all I've found but I'm heading out and wanted to ask.

I know that the Templars are getting an extra evil glare after the vile acts in Norway, but this seems to be less recent but to me nonetheless relevant.
During that whole fiasco it had me kinda worried. Then after thinking about it for awhile there was really nothing to worry about. York rite Freemasonry has lasted a far longer time and has counted good and honest people amoung its members. Grand Commandery goes to Arlington to lay a wreath at the unknowns, we have masonic week near Washington DC every winter, some of our elected officals are amoung the membership.

The right people know what we are REEAAAAALLLY about.

Every Christian Mason Should be a Knight Templar!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
[snip]
Every Christian Mason Should be a Knight Templar!
Knowing that Masonry is not concerned with how I worship the GAOTU, I asked Most Worshipful Donald Gardener Hicks, Past Grand Master of Masons in Massachusetts if I would be qualified to join York Rite as a Unitarian Universalist. His answer was an emphatic "Yes."

I was confused by the oversimplification of many people explaining York Rite as "the Christian appendant body" when the reality is that, at least according to MW Hicks, all that is required is to swear to "defend the Christian faith". Which I certainly would do just as I would defend the Jewish, Muslim and Hindu faiths.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The YR is not considered a "Christian" body , only the Commandery Orders are "considered" Christian . This is a HUGE misconception perpetuated by many Masons , some of whom who are not even YR Masons .

If one is uncomfortable with the Christian aspect of the Orders , they do not have to petition for those Orders . But you are correct , there has been some debate over the wording of the Order's obligations .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
The YR is not considered a "Christian" body , only the Commandery Orders are "considered" Christian . This is a HUGE misconception perpetuated by many Masons , some of whom who are not even YR Masons .

If one is uncomfortable with the Christian aspect of the Orders , they do not have to petition for those Orders . But you are correct , there has been some debate over the wording of the Order's obligations .

I'm not a YR Mason, but I'll give my two cents. I agree with your comments, but will add this for consideration; I think that the reason the YR (as a whole) is considered by many to be a "Christian" body is due to the overall theme & ties it has to the Blue Lodge here in the U.S. Compare the YR to the SR, and you'll see a difference in the overall dogmatic experience.

While this assessment may be true or false, it is the general perception from those that I've run into.

Zack

Originally Posted by Ashlar2006

It is also perpetuated by some YR Masons or perhaps I should say, was perpetuatedby.It certainly was that way when I joined and one of the reasons I left. I found nothing offensive about YR but I can't say the same for some of its members.

I was/am under the impression that one was supposed to pledge to "defend" the Christian faith in the KT...not necessarily that they had to be a Christian.

As for YR and SR..... maybe it is just me but I have found them to be very similar in many ways.....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Originally Posted by Ashlar2006

It is also perpetuated by some YR Masons or perhaps I should say, was perpetuatedby.It certainly was that way when I joined and one of the reasons I left. I found nothing offensive about YR but I can't say the same for some of its members.
I can agree with this and I take every opportunity to correct that when I hear a YR mason making this claim .

You may have found the Cryptic degrees similar because they were at one time part of the SR . The SR dropped them and the YR picked them up to fill out their system . I will get with my 33rd degree/KYCH know it all (J/K , he is a great friend) and get the exact dates and what SR degrees replaced the Cryptic degrees .
Only RA so far..... so I saw some similarities in the Mark, PM, MEM, & RA....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Only RA so far..... so I saw some similarities in the Mark, PM, MEM, & RA....
Sorry was editing my post and deleted it by accident . Will restore it soon . There are similarities , just a difference in how they are told . I went to my know it all 33rd/KYCH friend with all these questions and he had to tell me to slow my roll . We would sit down and hash it out later , which we did but I can not go into it here .

My Chapter has several 33rds/KYCH with one being a former GM of OH... there is a wealth of knowledge..... and they all dont rush into much when it involves discussions.... they do appreciate my zeal but they are kinda like Mr Miyagi...patience grasshopper...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My Chapter has several 33rds/KYCH with one being a former GM of OH... there is a wealth of knowledge..... and they all dont rush into much when it involves discussions.... they do appreciate my zeal but they are kinda like Mr Miyagi...patience grasshopper...
My KYCH/33rd know it all is the one I call the ONE !
He absolutely amazes me .