Masonic license plates

danmoran

The State of Pennsylvania has a Masonic License Plate Program as well. Although I have not personally participated in purchasing them from the state, I've made good use of the fact that Pennsylvania only has one license plate in the rear of the vehicle, and utilize the blank in the front to display a beautiful Square and Compass before a sky blue background.

cemab4y

Kentucky has an official plate, issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The cost is very low, only $25 for a five year plate (plus your required road tax). The Grand Lodge gets a $7 rebate on every tag sold.

Interestingly, Georgia has a Shriner plate, but no Blue Lodge plate, yet. (Georgia should have one soon). (Georgia Prince Hall Masonry, has a plate approved, but there is no sample plate visible on the Georgia DMB website)

I was in Florida in 2010. I met a retired man, who worked for the Florida Dept of Motor Vehicles. He said that Florida was close to getting an official plate, but there were some hurdles to clear.

Arkansas has an official Masonic plate, but the Grand Master has forbidden any Arkansas Mason from purchasing the plate.

Alabama has a Shriner plate, but no Craft Lodge plate at this time. I spoke with the Grand Master, back in 2009, and he indicated that there were not enough Masons in Alabama, who would agree to pre-order a tag, for the DMV to go into production.

I would like to see all 50 states, as well as DC and the territories get an official Masonic plate. If your state does not yet have one, you should contact your state representative and/or Dept of motor vehicles and demand that your state get one.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Kentucky has an official plate, issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The cost is very low, only $25 for a five year plate (plus your required road tax). The Grand Lodge gets a $7 rebate on every tag sold.

Interestingly, Georgia has a Shriner plate, but no Blue Lodge plate, yet. (Georgia should have one soon). (Georgia Prince Hall Masonry, has a plate approved, but there is no sample plate visible on the Georgia DMB website)

I was in Florida in 2010. I met a retired man, who worked for the Florida Dept of Motor Vehicles. He said that Florida was close to getting an official plate, but there were some hurdles to clear.

Arkansas has an official Masonic plate, but the Grand Master has forbidden any Arkansas Mason from purchasing the plate.

Alabama has a Shriner plate, but no Craft Lodge plate at this time. I spoke with the Grand Master, back in 2009, and he indicated that there were not enough Masons in Alabama, who would agree to pre-order a tag, for the DMV to go into production.

I would like to see all 50 states, as well as DC and the territories get an official Masonic plate. If your state does not yet have one, you should contact your state representative and/or Dept of motor vehicles and demand that your state get one.
OK, does anyone know why?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Here is some of the "backstory":

The Burning Taper: Arkansas Grand Lodge forbids Masons buying state Masonic license plates

The reason that the GL of Arkansas, has forbidden Arkansas Masons from purchasing this license plate, is that the plate was designed by the MWPHGL of Arkansas, and a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the plates, goes to Prince Hall Masonic charities.
And this is as far as this line of conversation goes . It will not lead to any finger pointing or Grand lodge bashing . The Grand Lodge of Arkansas say no to the tag for it's members , and this is their business .

Question asked and answered .

Just nipping it in the bud now .

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
And this is as far as this line of conversation goes . It will not lead to any finger pointing or Grand lodge bashing . The Grand Lodge of Arkansas say no to the tag for it's members , and this is their business .

Question asked and answered .

Just nipping it in the bud now .
Yes sir, Ashlar, Sir! :D

I planned on nothing more just thought it was interesting. It follows the same line as SC putting the design up adn warning about the other 2 plates. I have no clue if there are two seperate plates here. HMMMMMMM

Wasn't gonna piss off a Marine, I don't care what the MOS was :p

OK I'm sorry being a Black/Multi-Racial male I'm annoyed by the article. Why does everything fall back into race? Ignorance is shown just by the comments made and bias given. What happened to objective journalism???

Winter

I've been here before
Wow! That article had some serious inflammatory statements! There were also some comments that said a Lodge had it's Charter pulled for speaking out against the GL of AK decision. I hope that isn't true. A Lodge should have the right to challenge a ruling from their GL that is felt to be unfair.

The issue is so much more complex than racism but that is the first place most people always go to whenever the issue of the Southeastern states not recognizing PHA comes up.

My recommendation to any Brothers who want to debate the issue intelligently, either here, in their Lodge, or when asked by the public, is to make sure that you are well read about the history of the situation and know the facts. Do not argue the issue from an emotional standpoint. That will not help anyone.

Learn the history of PHA Freemasons and where they derive their authority. And learn the arguments that MS Lodges use that support their decision to recognize PHA as well as the arguments used to deny it. The information is out there, and there is a lot of it! There is no excuse to be ignorant of the facts that have become so divisive among so many Brothers.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Bro. Winter , some "Masons" thrive on pointing out the problems , mistakes and foibles of Freemasonry and some Grand Lodge jurisdictions and the airing out of dirty laundry , are quick to jump on the GL bashing band wagon without all the facts or any facts at all . And in most cases it is none of their business in the first place . And , as you stated , this seems to happen more so for Southern Jurisdictions .

I have read that blog and the comments and this is why I said this conversation would not go any farther . Some can not help themselves .

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I hope what I said taken as carrying it further. I think the situation is more complex than just race and I have major issues with race being a deciding factor for almost anything. It disturbed me greatly to hear my family voted specifically color based. I was saying to me the topic of race, where most arguements on this and other topics tend to go, is a dead horse that's been over-beaten. People are over sensitive to the topic and it's a bit annoying. I have to deal with issues because of my ethnicities however it doesn't change my entire outlook.

thebrianmo

Ohio has Blue Lodge plates and I have them. I also just discovered that we have Prince Hall plates separate from these.

Allan Gold PM

PM 1996 and 2006
I surely wish Florida offered the Masonic plate. I am sure it would be quite popular. Does anyone know if PA or OH allows vanity Masonic plates [such as "ABIFF"]?

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I surely wish Florida offered the Masonic plate. I am sure it would be quite popular. Does anyone know if PA or OH allows vanity Masonic plates [such as "ABIFF"]?
Well it' 50 for specialty plates if I read it correctly. Getting vanity plates is extra but the are possible. Oh ABIFF is taken but HABIFF is open!

I wish we had mason drivers licenses.... so if I get pulled over and the LEO doesnt see my stickers and what-not on my truck, I wont have to pull out my dues card when I do my drivers licenses.....:eek::eek::eek:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Knew a guy who kept it sandwiched between the DL and isurance card, so when he pulled one he got all 3 Fireman.

I have to remember to tell the LEO I have a CCW so my dues card isn't in the foremost thoughts lol.

If we could get a state issued drivers licenses that says in big bold letters FREEMASON across the top near the state and add in the other letters of the alphabet we have down in the body of the licenses...... that would be sweet..... that way I dont have to take a chance of dropping my card and the LEO will see for sure.... we could have our DL renewed every year when we pay dues....

Winter

I've been here before
All these ways to mark us in public. What happens when (not if) we have to go back underground? :D