Masonic license plates

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I thought the point of us using our symbols in public was to show what good men are associated with the Fraternity. Our GM actually made the LEO's do a talk about not expecting special treatment because of you tags or what forth. If you're going ten over with a nice big S&C's on your car it perpetuates the thought that we feel we can get away with anything!

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I thought the point of us using our symbols in public was to show what good men are associated with the Fraternity. Our GM actually made the LEO's do a talk about not expecting special treatment because of you tags or what forth. If you're going ten over with a nice big S&C's on your car it perpetuates the thought that we feel we can get away with anything!
My wife had a large Ichthys emblem (think Jesus fish) on the back of her car and on a 16 hour road trip she got very upset when I utilized my horn and my "Single Finger Driver Annoyance Signal" after nearly getting creamed on the highway in a construction zone in Massachusetts. Why'd she get upset? Because she (rightly) felt that anyone who would see me behaving poorly on the highway would associate it with Christians in general because we were professing our faith with a decal and a emblem on our car. The same with displaying the S&C on a car. If you're driving like a maniac or trying to emulate Dale Jr. with your car decked out with every imaginable FM symbol, how does that look to the rest of the world? Think about it when you see someone with a out of state plate driving like a moron... the first thing you probably think is, "Wow, drivers from that state must all be morons."

No offense, if I was a Police officer, my first thought would be how often does this person get pulled over to warrant this action. The second might be to laugh.
... and my reaction would likely be to write a citation. That's blatantly asking for special treatment in my book, and ranks right up there with any brother cop who has his badge pressed up against the window when I approach the car... not a good way to start off the encounter. Also think of this: not all cops are Masons! What would a profane cop think of that? "Sh*t, do these Freemason people think they have a get out of jail free card?" Not the best way to be representing the Craft.

On an off topic note about funny things passed with a drivers license on a traffic stop: an attorney who's business card was a Monopoly Get Out Of Jail Free card with his law firms information on the back of it. :D

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have often wondered Family Man , when you do pull fellow cops over , does it happen a lot with them showing you their badge or what have you .

One thing I have noticed around here is those F.O.P. plates , when many have a Fraternal Order of Police plate on their car , be the cop himself or a family member , they drive like freaking maniacs . My neighbors have them , a retired city cop and his wife and he has outright told me that they are "get out jail free" cards . He is an A** so I do not put much credence in what he has to say .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I'm friends with a lot of cops, both local and state, the one thing I don't really understand is this. If I'm driving down the highway at 5 over the speed limit, by rights, I can be pulled over and fined, but when I'm driving 5 over the speed limit and I get passed by a patrol car like I'm sitting in the parking lot (and they don't have any emergency warning activated(lights or sirens) and they are just cruising) why is it that they can exceed the speed limit. I've gotten my EVOC card also, does that mean I'm allowed to do it too??? lol, I just find it funny to watch them fly down the road, and everyone that sees them drops their speed by 10 mph...

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
HA ha ha ha ha ha ...... a Marine from Eastern KY saying/typing "bling"...... I blame it all on Billy Ray Cyrus....
Now, now!
Didn't they teach you growing up that it's not polite to make fun of Kentuckians...no matter how easy it is?

S&F
[former Hoosier]