My brothers on FMH

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This may sound sappy , but has been on my mind .

I love this site and I wish more of these brothers who register , make one post and disappear , would post regularly as they do not know what they are missing . I have come to feel as close to the brothers on here who post regularly as I do some of my own lodge Brothers . And though we have never met face to face , I would do anything for you all as I would my own lodge brothers . I have learned much from many members here and just generally enjoyed reading everyone's posts and getting to know everyone . What a great big world there is out there and it is nice that we have Freemason Hall that can bring us all together .

We can bounce ideas off one another . and some of us can even meet and sit in lodge with one another . We have been there , on here and in spirit , as some of our FMH members have went through the degrees (Bro. Duncan) . And so much more .

To all those who ARE NOT posting , jump on in and join our on-line community and start posting , you will not regret it .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
What he said!!!!!
I have been feeling like I haven't been as active on FMH as I was earlier in my Masonic year and resolved to correct that issue.
I agree that the active members on this forum are as daer to me as my Lodge Brothers. I have met a few of you all, Bro. Patrick did one of the slide presentations at my Raising (a special moment) and I have befriended many of you on Facebook as well. However, this forum is my Internet Lodge.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
This may sound sappy , but has been on my mind .

I love this site and I wish more of these brothers who register , make one post and disappear , would post regularly as they do not know what they are missing . I have come to feel as close to the brothers on here who post regularly as I do some of my own lodge Brothers . And though we have never met face to face , I would do anything for you all as I would my own lodge brothers . I have learned much from many members here and just generally enjoyed reading everyone's posts and getting to know everyone . What a great big world there is out there and it is nice that we have Freemason Hall that can bring us all together .

We can bounce ideas off one another . Complain about things we can not in our own lodges , and some of us can even meet and sit in lodge with one another . We have been there , on here and in spirit , as some of our FMH members have went through the degrees (Bro. Duncan) . And so much more .

To all those who ARE NOT posting , jump on in and join our on-line community and start posting , you will not regret it .
Yep, Sappy ;)

I feel the same way. I have posted things here that I wouldn't dream of posting on facebook because I know you are my brothers.

Azpir8king

We all tend to spread ourselves thin masonically....now on the Web more than ever. I am part of or perusing more than 10 sights pretty regularly that hold interest in various subjects and content. That's just the masonic ones, I have a magazine to run (biker sights) and a Technology company to keep up to snuff with new tech...oh, and I need to rant on Facebook regularly. This has to be done between work and meetings and bike rides.....OMG...I need a Valium.

I like to know I can always come back here and catch up quickly and then espouse at my leisure.

G

Gary

Bro. Ashlar, You said what many of us feel. I too appreciate the atmosphere of brotherhood and friendship we share here.

I've made some very good friends. I even have occasional friendly sparring partners (Bro. Duncan/ Bro. Patrick) to debate just about anything with!

We share good times and bad, and through it all we learn, laugh, and sometimes share a moment of sadness. I'm proud to be a member here.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Bro. Ashlar, You said what many of us feel. I too appreciate the atmosphere of brotherhood and friendship we share here.

I've made some very good friends. I even have occasional friendly sparring partners (Bro. Duncan/ Bro. Patrick) to debate just about anything with!

We share good times and bad, and through it all we learn, laugh, and sometimes share a moment of sadness. I'm proud to be a member here.
What do you mean by that? :D

MJMANN88

I want to be more involved here, especially since I don't get to be as involved at lodge as I would like. I have a VERY busy schedule, including working on my M.S. in Engineering, three kids, a beautiful bride, work at a great company...

I/we have a lot going on and I do attend lodge meetings and functions, but I just can't get in line right now and it really bums me out! So for now I want to be as involved as I can...part of that is (as I have recently found out) being on here.

I don't post all that much, but I do read a whole lot of what is posted and I truly appreciate and respect what I experience here!

Respectfully - Mike

Winter

I've been here before
I think it should come as no surprise that our numbers here are right in line with mainstream Masonry. Over 2,000 members, and a fraction of that actually participating.

I am not bashing anyone for not participating in an online forum! LOL I am saying that maybe there is something we can do to make people want to participate!

Let's do some braintstorming!

G

Gary

I think it should come as no surprise that our numbers here are right in line with mainstream Masonry. Over 2,000 members, and a fraction of that actually participating.

I am not bashing anyone for not participating in an online forum! LOL I am saying that maybe there is something we can do to make people want to participate!

Let's do some braintstorming!
I've been thinking about that. The phrase; "To pay the Craft their wages that none go away dissatisfied. Harmony (read balance) being the strength of all societies especially ours..." comes to mind.

Are we paying the Craft their wages? Are they dissatisfied with what they are receiving? I respectfully submit that the wages are not being paid and there is a mass exodus because of it.

The answer? Put more effort to have Brothers gain a vested interest in their respective Lodges and the Craft as a whole (and I don't mean by paying dues). Every Brother has something to offer, and should do so gladly, and of his own free will. There are too many apron seekers and not enough Brothers doing the work that unites us into one common mass.

In short we have neglected to recognize and preserve the very thing Freemasonry is supposed to be. It is an elite fraternity. It isn't a social club.

Of course I'm talking about mainstream Masonry and not online forums. I think if you fix the former, you will see a difference with the latter.

Zack

Another lone voice in the wilderness so to speak. But our numbers seem to be increasing and becoming louder. And that's a good thing.

Sadly, the way I see it is that while it is true that some Brothers are not participating or have left because Masonry has not met their expectations, the majority have gotten or are getting exactly what they want from the Fraternity. The former, a dues card and a ring; the latter a social/service club experience.

When the majority are satisfied it makes it very difficult to bring about the changes some of us desire.

G

Gary

Then it's time to change the thought process of those who petition the fraternity. Newer MM's are in a perfect position to do just that if they have the support of seasoned MM's who aren't <cough> ruffians. Yeah, I said it.

BUT...if the "ruffians" are not there to hold back the young bucks.....just imagine what could be done.........lets say you felt the dues needed to be increased...and all the young MM's did too and they were the majority in attendance when the vote takes place....that is how you effect change in a positive way.....those old buzzards wont be happy, and yep you just may loose a few...but for the most part they will pay the increase...but wont like it.....but then again, if they showed up more often they could be a part of it. You start making some changes with Johnny Newboots and your crew....the flock will start to return...

But then what do I know..... in terms of being an experience, seasoned, or knowledgeable Brother.....I am still a pup...