Personal Aprons

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Oh, Mama! Them's some aprons! You know, I don't think anyone would object if I wore an apron like that to Lodge. Santa, are you listening? (With a price tag of 400 to 700 Euros, the only way I'm getting one of those is from you, Santa. I've been good!)

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Very nice. I was presented with my past master's apron after my 2nd year as master. 2 days ago, I was just presented my PHP apron at our chapter meeting. We never had past high priest aprons before, and the setting high priest took it upon himself to procure them and present them at a PHP night. It was very nice.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Very nice , The wife is buying me a Master Mason Apron for Christmas from "Brotherhood Masonic Aprons " Here's a link to it...http://www.brotherhoodaprons.com/cat24.html . I am changing the Egyptian style Eye to the regular one and seeing if they will trim out the edges in white satin .

And my mother wants to buy me the reversible PHP/PIM , as I will be the High Priest next year .

G

Gary

I really need to investigate what is allowable in Florida. I wouldn't mind one with blue trim, but that may be reserved for officers/past masters etc. only.

They are just so darn cool!

Paul sale

that is how ours look too. i'm now wondering if i could have my wife make me one, if so what is ok to have on it? understanding that lodges are different in many ways.

Yeah, me too. Don't get me wrong: I love Freemasonry & I'm proud of our aprons, but sometimes I wish we had Masters Aprons like some of our foreign brothers.
I must say I really like our aprons here in New Zealand and I recently purchased my MM on anticipation of my Raising but the only down side is that because they are made of Lambskin and have metal tassels they are quiet heavy to wear. I really like the hand painted aprons but here in NZ you may only wear the apron that is prescribed for your degree and you cannot personalise or change them in any way...so i don't think I will be wearing one to lodge anytime soon.

FYI, attached is a picture of David Mace, Past Grandmaster wearing his regalia...now that apron is NICE!

The picture was taken at my Mother Lodge on the evening of an initiation, there were 7 EA's present so we thought it was worth taking a photo with the Past Grandmaster. I am the one on the left end of the front row wearing the FC apron while the rest of the brethren are wearing the EA aprons.

Attachments

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
FYI, attached is a picture of David Mace, Past Grandmaster wearing his regalia...now that apron is NICE!

The picture was taken at my Mother Lodge on the evening of an initiation, there were 7 EA's present so we thought it was worth taking a photo with the Past Grandmaster. I am the one on the left end of the front row wearing the FC apron while the rest of the brethren are wearing the EA aprons.
That is a nice apron. Congrats in advance on your raising!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Nice apron , but I like the cuffs also .

And I would also like to extend to you an advanced congrats on you impending Raising .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My new apron is on it's way and I am as giddy as a school girl . I'll get a picture of it and post it when it get's here .

Adeducator

Damage Apron

I recently had a leak in my roof and before I relized it there was extensive damage in my closet where my apron that I am suppose to be buried in was stored. When I found it it was quite mildewed and stained. I took it to a drycleaners but they were unable to clean it. In fact they would not even attempt to try as they said they did not know what to do. Is there any place that I can contact to get it replace. I have not been active in my lodge in many years because of a disabilty and do not know exactly what to do on this matter.
:confused:

Winter

I've been here before
Contact your GL or the Lodge where you were Raised. That would most likely be your best option. Explain the situation to them.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Or just buy one at JPLuther.com . That is where our lambskin aprons come from .

Edit* scratch that , I guess you must have to buy them in bulk .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Wearing aprons internationally

In '02, I visited England for the first time and being a light packer, I borrowed a plain white linen apron from my lodge Tyler. I was duly accepted to attend the lodge with the letter I carried from the Grand Secretary, but there was a rumble of complaints when I did not leave when the Lodge went from the First Degree to the Second Degree.
In England, EAs wear plain white apron, FCs one with single rosette on the flap, and MMs have a rosette on each lower corner.
The WM reassured the brethren present that I was indeed, a Master Mason, and wearing my apron properly as done in The States.

Winter

I've been here before
My Lodge here in Wisconsin also uses the European aprons to denote the degree of the Brother as we work in the Emulation Rite as an EC Lodge.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I recently had a leak in my roof and before I relized it there was extensive damage in my closet where my apron that I am suppose to be buried in was stored. When I found it it was quite mildewed and stained. I took it to a drycleaners but they were unable to clean it. In fact they would not even attempt to try as they said they did not know what to do. Is there any place that I can contact to get it replace. I have not been active in my lodge in many years because of a disabilty and do not know exactly what to do on this matter.
:confused:
Take it to a local furrier, they are better with leather than shoe repair shops.