Personal Aprons

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I was just reading another forum's thread on wearing the apron.
What do you all think about wearing the one that is given after man's MM?
That thread was torn about it.

Winter

I've been here before
Could you be more specific about the apron that is worn after a man recieves his MM and what it is we should think about it?

[edit]

Are you refering to the one that is presented? And wether it should be worn or stored until death?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Could you be more specific about the apron that is worn after a man recieves his MM and what it is we should think about it?

[edit]

Are you refering to the one that is presented? And wether it should be worn or stored until death?
Sorry Bro. Winter for the fogginess of my query (just look outside), yes that is the apron that I am asking about one that is presented. Most of my lodge, from what I have seen so far, wear the 'loaner aprons'.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I don't plan to wear the lambskin apron I was presented with until I'm in a coffin. It seems a great symbol of the beginning and end of my masonic journey and I would be worried about damaging or soiling it by wearing it. The loaners are fine by me.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Well, Russ, I have no problem wearing MY member's apron, although these days I most usually wear an officer's apron or my Past Master's apron. As an old, old Past Master once told me: it's the spiritual grime we're concerned with, not a little physical dirt. The pure and spotless surface of my apron cannot be besmirched by anything physical!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I recently had a leak in my roof and before I relized it there was extensive damage in my closet where my apron that I am suppose to be buried in was stored. When I found it it was quite mildewed and stained. I took it to a drycleaners but they were unable to clean it. In fact they would not even attempt to try as they said they did not know what to do. Is there any place that I can contact to get it replace. I have not been active in my lodge in many years because of a disabilty and do not know exactly what to do on this matter.
:confused:
If it gets down to the apron being otherwise unsalvageable, before you throw it away, try some saddle soap. It's made of leather...
Sounds like the financial stress of purchasing a new apron may be beyond your means, and this would only cost $3-5.

S&F

[later] The furrier option looks even better. bf

G

Gary

Nice Aprons! Speaking of Apron's...

Didn't Ashlar say something a while back about getting a new one? Where are the pic's? I was interested in seeing what he picked out.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Nice Aprons! Speaking of Apron's...

Didn't Ashlar say something a while back about getting a new one? Where are the pic's? I was interested in seeing what he picked out.
Oh crap , I forgot !!! I'll have to get it out my apron case and take some pictures .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Just as soon as I upload all my Christmas and officer installation pictures from my camera . Both memory cards are full .

I don't know it the color is off, but the border on a council apron is purple. That looks brown to me. Maybe just bad lighting or my ageing computer

Winter

I've been here before
Yeah, that's a Cryptic apron. You can tell by the broken triangle and purple color. It looks like a Illustrious Master apron.

G

Gary

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-Solid-White-Masonic-Apron-/130475830441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60f72ca9[/URL]

I like the thought behind this one, white on white, thinking of the S & C on the flap and the Pillars and not sure what on the fly yet, want to study my MM for awhile to find the right image that means the most to me and my journey.
I have one just like that except it's leather with satin trim. There aren't any symbols on it, as I think it's symbolic enough for me.

DavisB

Do many people at your lodge wear personal aprons? From what I have seen, most of the Brothers at my lodge just use the cloth aprons provided. With the exception of the officers and a Past Grand Master of TN.