Question

Almighty859

Im 20 years old, live in Lexington, Ky but i do not know any freemasons right now,and i read on their page that i think it is required for you to know 2? what can i do? Im very interested in joining.

G

Gary

Go to a Lodge in your area, find out when they meet and introduce yourself. Let them know you are interested in joining. They will probably have you visit them for a few public functions just to get to know you. Afterward, there will likely be two Master Masons willing to sign your petition.

CoachN

Builder Builder
But, go early since the meeting times published are for meetings that are closed to the public.

Winter

I've been here before
Thanks for the responses, I have one more question, does race matter to you guys?
Nope. Not in the least. You must be a man, of good moral character, and (depending on jurisdiction) freeborn.

In the Masonic Lodge, I pray next to Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Zoroastrians, a good Masonic Brother is a Druid. As long as you believe there is a singular deity, nobody will press you on how you worship that G-d.

FYI, there is no such thing as "race" among human beings. The anthropological definition of race is two individuals that can procreate and produce a viable offspring. What we call race is actually a social construct, and 90% of variation between human beings occurs within a culture, rather than outside of it.

As Freemasons, we are more concerned with what a man has to offer society, and what he does to promote upright conduct than whetehr he has a natural tan or not! ;)

Laxguy38922

Nope. Not in the least. You must be a man, of good moral character, and (depending on jurisdiction) freeborn.

In the Masonic Lodge, I pray next to Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Zoroastrians, a good Masonic Brother is a Druid. As long as you believe there is a singular deity, nobody will press you on how you worship that G-d.

FYI, there is no such thing as "race" among human beings. The anthropological definition of race is two individuals that can procreate and produce a viable offspring. What we call race is actually a social construct, and 90% of variation between human beings occurs within a culture, rather than outside of it.

As Freemasons, we are more concerned with what a man has to offer society, and what he does to promote upright conduct than whetehr he has a natural tan or not! ;)
Couldn't of said it better

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
There are several Lodges in and around Lexington . Shop around and find one that you like .

Devotion Lodge # 160 is a great lodge . They meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday each Month . Their address ... 4085 Harrodsburg Rd, 1/8 m S of Man-O-War Blvd . And their web site.....Devotion Lodge #160 F & AM | Making Good Men Better

Lexington Lodge #1 meets the 1st and 3rd Monday . Their address.....3112 Harrodsburg Rd. next to the Fire Station #20 . And Lexington's website......Lexington Lodge # 1

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Be Patient

Thanks for all the quick responses, im going to call sometime this week and see what happens.
Please be patient as sometimes glaciers move faster than Lodges :rolleyes:

The Lodge phone number you call might have the messages picked up once or twice a month. Don't be discouraged if they don't get back to you right away.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Please be patient as sometimes glaciers move faster than Lodges :rolleyes:

The Lodge phone number you call might have the messages picked up once or twice a month. Don't be discouraged if they don't get back to you right away.
Deep breath, ::re-reads the definition of the Compass as it pertains to FM:: "yes, Brother, you are most correct about Lodges not being responsive, howsoever once they do respond you can expect that they will take care of you".

rbryantr

Hey, lodges slow to respond? You must be joking! Oh wait, let me think about it a minute... My lodge building still has wiring in it that appears to be wires wrapped in fabric.
Do you suppose the brothers prior to my tenure may have upgraded the wiring?
Absolutely they did! Its there after all! Then again, so are the old oil filled lamps, and the spitoons!

Hey, lodges slow to respond? You must be joking! Oh wait, let me think about it a minute... My lodge building still has wiring in it that appears to be wires wrapped in fabric.
Do you suppose the brothers prior to my tenure may have upgraded the wiring?
Absolutely they did! Its there after all! Then again, so are the old oil filled lamps, and the spitoons!
Take over the world. Indeed.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Omniscient Masons

Take over the world. Indeed.
To paraphrase S. Brent Morris, "We're going to take over the world as soon as we settle whether to have bologna sandwiches or tuna salad sandwiches after the lodge meeting."

S&F

Azpir8king

To paraphrase S. Brent Morris, "We're going to take over the world as soon as we settle whether to have bologna sandwiches or tuna salad sandwiches after the lodge meeting."

S&F
OMG!! Are we back to the sandwich discussion? We will never get to item two "Taking over the world with giant robots" if we don't just shelve the food discussion. Now...can everyone please agree that we are OK with finger foods so we can get back to taking over the world?