Question

DavisB

Carry out. Why would we give you the address of the "Secret Takeover the world" hideout? You take plastic, right? I have my "Tri Lateral Commision" Visa card. Its great because the card number is...1 and it NEVER expires.:D
well the wait time is going to be pretty long....

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Only during the Initiation for new members & during the giving their water back ceremony.
This is the only organization in the world diverse enough to understand ALL my joking references... Monty Python, Dune, etc. Let's hear it for Brotherly Love :D

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Whaddya mean geeks??

BTW crysknife only has one 's'.

Geek is an acceptable label for one Geek to call another. But Lord help ya if you call us one and you ain't one yourself! :mad:

It similar to a person with a disability calling themselves gipe or cripple, if an able-bodied person does it....... (it just ain't pretty).

Loved the Sci-Fi channel adaptation, hated the movie. The weirding way was a martial art?

Azpir8king

Geek is an acceptable label for one Geek to call another. But Lord help ya if you call us one and you ain't one yourself! :mad:

It similar to a person with a disability calling themselves gipe or cripple, if an able-bodied person does it....... (it just ain't pretty).

Loved the Sci-Fi channel adaptation, hated the movie. The weirding way was a martial art?
Yes, a martial art. Actually an extension/combination of Saduaker techniques with Bene Gesserit disciplines. i HATED that in each adaptation they reveal the depth of the spice and its purposes to the sight right in the narrative. Paul's revelations about its true uses and the political implications of each of those discoveries made the plot line (and his disdain for the organizations he would take down) more mysterious.

Also, they have NEVER tried to capture or cover God Emperor of Dune. They cannot progress to the back side of the scattering until they do that one. Its is a mini-series by itself (covering a couple thousand years of human history).

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Yes, a martial art. Actually an extension/combination of Saduaker techniques with Bene Gesserit disciplines. i HATED that in each adaptation they reveal the depth of the spice and its purposes to the sight right in the narrative. Paul's revelations about its true uses and the political implications of each of those discoveries made the plot line (and his disdain for the organizations he would take down) more mysterious.

Also, they have NEVER tried to capture or cover God Emperor of Dune. They cannot progress to the back side of the scattering until they do that one. Its is a mini-series by itself (covering a couple thousand years of human history).
According to Herbert, the story is really all about the Middle East and oil's power over society.

Azpir8king

According to Herbert, the story is really all about the Middle East and oil's power over society.
Yeah, And George C Scott's portrayal of Patton was supposed to be Ironic and sarcastic..... its awesome when they create more than they intended, better yet, it turns out the opposite of their hidden message is whats appreciated. .