Turning in my EA

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
A quick update to my journey. I turned in my FC and it was accepted. I am scheduled to receive my third degree on January 29th.
Well done! When I was FC, the Bothers all told me the MM degree was the most fun. Of course, they wouldn't answer when I asked, "The most fun for who? Me or you?"

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Passed my FC proficiency tonight

Got the nod from the WM for 2/21/11 for my Raising!!!! :)

My secondary mentor was complimented on my knowledge of the degree and he is now the primary mentor for the EA we initiated tonight.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model

My secondary mentor was complimented on my knowledge of the degree and he is now the primary mentor for the EA we initiated tonight.
Congratulations. Almost time to change the avatar :)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia

So near , yet so far.......

The date will be here before you know it .

dukehbg

I have a question on standing proficient... do you do it totally from memory? is it in the lodge room with entire lodge watching? I get nervous.lol

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Returning your catechism

I have a question on standing proficient... do you do it totally from memory? is it in the lodge room with entire lodge watching? I get nervous.lol
In NC (AF&AM)
Yes.
Yes.

...But, consider that your mentor/coach/teacher would NEVER present you for examination, unless he was sure you were proficient. In NC, we don't even have in the ritual a condition of the candidate not passing.

"Brother A B, your examination is satisfactory. Brother Senior Deacon, conduct him to the preparation room..."

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
In Ky. , yes it is all from memory . And yes it is returned in open lodge in front of the Craft .

I used to get nervous also , now I am used to speaking in front of people and giving lectures/putting on degrees no longer phases me .

DavisB

In Tennessee:
Yes, you can have nothing there to aid you. But it is not always done in open lodge. I am not sure if it is my lodge's tradition, or if it is customary for the entire state but both my Entered Apprentice proficiency as well as my Fellowcraft proficiency were given in a small room occupied by my mentor, two brothers who were nodding along and making sure I got everything right, and myself.
It is intimidating at first but everyone there wants you to do very well and will be very supportive.

If you can tell us what state your lodge is in, there might just be a brother here who can tell you what the rule is for your jurisdiction.