What are you reading ?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You know I haven't heard of that one. Would love to hear your opinions on it.

I liked it . They give rational , detailed and well researched responces to all the accusations leveled against our Fraternity .

Take Rev. Jim Shaw's and Tom McKenney's book " The Deadly Deception " They disprove the verifiable lies told by Jim Shaw .

They expose how some antis' misquote Pike's Morals and Dogma and show what Pike's writings really meant .

They go into detail of Leo Taxil's hoax . This hoax was disproved by it's own writer as a joke , yet anti-masons still claim it's true and use it against us .

They have explained away the accusations of how Freemasonry is anti -christian and that freemasons can't be Christians .

Though it will not change the mind of rabid anti-masons , no amount of verifiable facts will do that , but it will help those on the fence about us make an informed descision . I think it should be a "must read" for all Freemasons . Get it , you will not be disappointed .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Just read "101 Things You Didn't Know about the Freemsons " by Barb Karg and John K. Young . Had some good information in it for those looking into the Fraternity . Dispels many of the rumors and myths against us . There are better books out there but some a lot worse . All in all , not a bad little book for $9.00 .

JamesCanby

I just received a copy of Mackey's Jurisprudence of Freemasonry and have browsed several topics. I bought it as much as a reference book as I did for its great insights. I am also working my way through Mackey's Symbolism of Freemasonry. I find that reading texts by Mackey give me a deeper appreciation of the foundations of our gentle Craft.

I would also highly recommend The Meaning of Masonry by Wilmshurst. This book has greatly helped me to understand how to apply the allegories of Freemasonry to my own life.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would also highly recommend The Meaning of Masonry by Wilmshurst. This book has greatly helped me to understand how to apply the allegories of Freemasonry to my own life.
I've read it several times myself . I usually lend my copy out to newly raised MM's in my lodge .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Started reading "Freemasons at Gettysburg" by Sheldon A. Munn . Interresting to find out what officers of the Civil War were Freemasons .

mndane

Amazon is a great place to shop for any books. I have a hard time only buying one when I visit the site. I know that some of the books I can borrow from my lodge, but I like to have my own copy.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Is born in blood about the Knights Templars ?.
Mndane , I just noticed your post . Here's a very brief review of " Born in Blood "

Based on years of research, this probing book solves the last remaining mysteries of the Masons--their secret words, symbols, and allegories whose true meanings had been lost in antiquity but whose origins can be traced to Norman French, the language spoken by the Knights' Templar. Demonstrates how, more than 600 years later the heritage of the Knights Templar lives on in the largest and most successful secret society in the history of the world: Freemasonry.

I hope this answers your question . Sorry it took so long to get to your question , I must have just missed it .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Either Hodapp's "Freemason for Dummies" or Morris's "Complete Idiot's guide to Freemasonry" . I would stay away from any books as well as some sites on the internet that reveals any of the details concerning the degrees as it will ruin the experience for you . It's much more meaningful if you go in with a clear mind and in the dark .

cummins tuner

Vide, Aude Tace
thanks ashlar,im a big reader and its a subject that is of great intrest to me. as far as anything reveling anything about teh degrees i dont want to knwo. like you siad go in witrh a clear mind. when i go for my EA i want to be going blind with no pre determinded mind set :)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
That's great attitude . Those two titles I gave you have a wealth of information for those only curious about the fraternity to older Master Masons . I think you'll enjoy either one of them or both .

cummins tuner

Vide, Aude Tace
if borders has them then ill use my gift cert's i got for christmas lol if not ill just order from a online bookstore i use

cummins tuner

Vide, Aude Tace
there is a whole slew of them. on another note i found a book on the irish imagrants ive been looiking for as well...so that was a good hunt for me :)