What are you reading ?

Masonic Books

Brothers,
I've started to read House Undivided, The story of Freemasonry and the civil war. It's an interesting read. It was pretty cool to read a quote from a member of Paris lodge 108 (my lodge) from 1856. Any suggestions for future reading material.

cemab4y

I highly suggest "A Pilgrim's path" by John Robinson. Available from Amazon.com a good read for about $3 plus shipping.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would suggest both "A Pilgrams Path" and "Born In Blood" By John J . Robinson .

Matt, I merged your thread with an on going Masonic book thread .

mndane

Mndane , I just noticed your post . Here's a very brief review of " Born in Blood "

Based on years of research, this probing book solves the last remaining mysteries of the Masons--their secret words, symbols, and allegories whose true meanings had been lost in antiquity but whose origins can be traced to Norman French, the language spoken by the Knights' Templar. Demonstrates how, more than 600 years later the heritage of the Knights Templar lives on in the largest and most successful secret society in the history of the world: Freemasonry.

I hope this answers your question . Sorry it took so long to get to your question , I must have just missed it .
Thanks
I started Born in blood and House Undivided at the same time ( I have a bad habit of having 3 or 4 books going at the same time). Both are great books. I only wished I had more time to read.

walls0stone

Personaly I've been reading mostly about men who were Masons, Franklin, Rosevelt, Washington ect.

I find looking at Pike's personality from the perspective of books that were not related to his Masonic life, but he political, personal, and millitary life much more intresting. It gives some other perspectives that would shed light on his choices...for example, many would point at him and say that he was a confed officer, and a suspected member of the clan, but keep in mind that he beleaved in states rights and ones own idividual liberty....giving little mind to the views of 2008...

He may have been a member of the clan, but what we now think of as the KKK was not what it was in his time, but infact it was a group of men who wished to remember what they had been through in the war. Somthing more like a VFW with out the booze. Sadly it was infiltrated by the sons of men who had passed and the southeren men who did not enlist in the CSA and those bad apples mixed with emotions that changed what Nathon Bedfor Forrest had started.

I come to this thinking by reading books about Masons, but books that do not touch on that detail. :)

icarus256

A Bridge to Light

A Bridge to Light by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens,, 33°, G:.C:.

A study in Masonic Ritual & Philosophy. Its a brilliant companion and guide to Bro. Pike's Morals & Dogma.

G

Gary

A Bridge to Light by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens,, 33°, G:.C:.

A study in Masonic Ritual & Philosophy. Its a brilliant companion and guide to Bro. Pike's Morals & Dogma.
I ordered A Bridge to Light today, and will be using it in my studies. I'm hoping Santa will bring me Morals and Dogma.

Can anyone recommend a fairly comprehensive book on the York Rite? I'd like to read more about it.

Winter

I've been here before
I collect antique Masonic books.

I have original copies of Macky's Masonic Encyclopedia. Leather covered wood with beautiful gold gilt work.

I also own an original copy of Capt. William Morgan's book: "Illustrations of Freemasonry"

And I agree about Newton's book, The Builders. Great read!

As soon as I get done with Christmas shopping, I am going to get the 3 books you mentioned in a different thread.....

Suess & Pike...... both I think had some "herbal" assistance in their writtings....