Geometry

G

Gary

PATRICK my friend:D....... MONSTERS are the nectar of the godz..............of which I am in GREAT NEED:eek:............dont make me walk to WI from OH and........:cool:hey, does anyone know what the square root of a oblong square is......:confused:
It wouldn't have a "square" root, it would have an oblong one silly...:p

waterchilde

Isis, Osiris, and Horus...

It is my belief that the 47th was from ancient Egypt but that is actually irrevelant, the important thing is the meaning within and the working of the problem, lets see who is ready to stand up now and do some actual teaching..
So, tell me, where are you on the angle?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
It is my belief that the 47th was from ancient Egypt but that is actually irrevelant, the important thing is the meaning within and the working of the problem, lets see who is ready to stand up now and do some actual teaching..
So, tell me, where are you on the angle?
The right angle or the 'right' angle?

Duncan1574

Nawwww ... people just SAY that they get along without coffee. We all know that the human body will just not function without coffee. Not just caffeine, mind you, but the caffeine provided by coffee.

Snuff, however, it the stuff of the devil.
To paraphrase Clapton, do do do, Caffeine

Attachments

CoachN

Builder Builder
If one studied Euclid's text books, one would find one specific problem where three things must be present and in agreement for a specific condition to occur. The symbol does appear in our Lodges.

Hint: It's in book III and it is a proposition.

Duncan1574

If one studied Euclid's text books, one would find one specific problem where three things must be present and in agreement for a specific condition to occur. The symbol does appear in our Lodges.

Hint: It's in book III and it is a proposition.
The equalateral triangle.

G

Gary

Good Brother Coach, you advised that I shouldn't read ahead...... :eek:
Bro. Russ, I believe that he is referring to the Euclidian books, and not the ones he authored. Click on the links he has provided in his response.

Yes Brother,

If you were looking at Book I. Euclid's Elements, Book I, Proposition 1

That could be an answer.

Book III is where you'll find the point that I'm referring to. :D

Bonus info: The fourth part of a circle is explained here: Euclid's Elements, Book III, Proposition 1

CoachN

Builder Builder
Bro. Russ, I believe that he is referring to the Euclidian books, and not the ones he authored. Click on the links he has provided in his response.
You are correct my Brother. :D

The books I referred to are Euclid's "Elements." They were used for over 2000 years as THE "math primer." ;) (and they are absolutely free on the web!)

The "Elements" books are second only to the BIBLE in number of versions and printed copies. :eek:

Duncan1574

You are correct my Brother. :D

The books I referred to are Euclid's "Elements." They were used for over 2000 years as THE "math primer." ;) (and they are absolutely free on the web!)

The "Elements" books are second only to the BIBLE in number of versions and printed copies. :eek:
DOH! :eek:

Not enough sleep for the past few days......

I had a tough choice to make and I was conflicted about the decision. I made a decision now and feel good about it and the response to it. So I am hoping to sleep better. What I learned about being a Mason made the choice clearer for me. It had to deal with implimenting the 24 inch gage in my life. :)

G

Gary

Speaking of Geometry, I just finished helping my son make a math related Christmas ornament for school.

He decided to make one based on the 47th problem of Euclid! I think he learned more about that symbol than he thought he would... :p

Now, I wonder if anyone at his school will "get it"....;)