appointed Senior Deacon

FF Sparky

In most places the secretary is ranked higher than the treasure...How come in this fraternity the treasure is ranked highr than the secretary?

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
To quote the old guys who don't want change ----

"Because that is the way it has always been done" LOL

Seriously IDK:4-dontknow::confused:

FF Sparky

To quote the old guys who don't want change ----

"Because that is the way it has always been done" LOL

Seriously IDK:4-dontknow::confused:
I hate this reasoning. When I was in the volunteer fire department, we couldn't cghange anything because of this. From updating the new department patch, to reorganizing the annual carnival, to even updating and making the marching uniforms more blingy.

The uniforms was my biggest issue, it was a dark blue suit with a miniature badge. That was it. BOOOOOORING. I wanted to dress it up with lapel pins, years of service stripes, or even Meadls we earned like Rookie of the year, Firefighter of the year, plus others.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I hate this reasoning. When I was in the volunteer fire department, we couldn't cghange anything because of this. From updating the new department patch, to reorganizing the annual carnival, to even updating and making the marching uniforms more blingy.

The uniforms was my biggest issue, it was a dark blue suit with a miniature badge. That was it. BOOOOOORING. I wanted to dress it up with lapel pins, years of service stripes, or even Meadls we earned like Rookie of the year, Firefighter of the year, plus others.
Our FFs dress uniform is a moderm interpetation of a vintage uniform from the 1920s, very cool.. Well they are wool so 'warm' :)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
My Lodge and I think all of Massachusetts is WM, Sec, TR, SW, JW, are elected. Everybody else is sentenced, I mean appointed ;)

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
My Lodge and I think all of Massachusetts is WM, Sec, TR, SW, JW, are elected. Everybody else is sentenced, I mean appointed ;)
Wisconsin too. It was my first vote, interesting there was ome politics going on that I was unaware of and glad of.

iMav

-==-
I, too, am going from JS to SD. And one of our new MMs is going to be JD. We had a few brothers drop out of the line due to work/family/etc time conflicts.

jaya

I did go by the lodge today and worked on the EA degree. I surprised myself by how much I actually knew. We will be having a first degree soon after we are installed because we just read a petition and will vote on it at the next stated. We will be having a third degree very soon as well.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Tonight I was honored to be appointed Senior Deacon for the upcoming year. I am Junior Steward right now so that was unexpected. I expected JD this year because of someone jumping out of line but was asked right before the meeting that if I was appointed SD would I take it. I told them whatever the lodge needed me to do I would be willing. Now I have to learn the SD parts and that is a lot. Someone came up afterwords and shook my hand and offered their condolences.[snip]
Bro. Jay,
Are you aware of the first 2 words of the Lecture of the Fellow Craft Degree?
...it's on page 114 of the OSW, first line after the title...

It's "Senior Deacon."
Hope you're ready. :D

S&F

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
hmmmmmmmmmm:confused::confused:
That means that according to antient tradition, the Lecture of the Fellow Craft Degree is the responsibility of Senior Deacon to deliver.

[he-he!]

...although I have never stood in a lodge where that was regularly done.

S&F

That means that according to antient tradition, the Lecture of the Fellow Craft Degree is the responsibility of Senior Deacon to deliver.

[he-he!]

S&F
I did once....but the Brother doing the Lecture was not the SD normally, he was SD for the degree because of a family connection but he was SW of another Lodge and is in big demand for the lecture in other lodges.....

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model

[he-he!]

S&F
The Middle Chamber Lecture, according to our Ritualist, is what separates the men from the boys :) I'm Senior Steward now and have begun working on it. I figure I'll be ready to deliver it in about a year.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler

[he-he!]

S&F
Several years ago, as SD, I gave the MC lecture for the first time by a sitting SD in my lodge in about 25 or so years. Needless to say I have been the only one in my lodge to learn it -- so I have a job during every FC degree, as well as other lodges in the area.

jaya

I am working on learning it. I have a little while to get it down. It will be at least January or later before we do a FC degree. We do have others that do the lecture. I will have it down and done before I get out of that chair for sure.