Bro. Richard Dryfuss

edwmax

My weak understanding of "on sight" is a ODC presided by the MWGM. Again, someone with more knowledge may need to lift the veil on this one. :eek:
"On Sight" would be by Edict of the GM and dispenses with normal Masonic Ritual. It is not the same as 'One Day Class' or 'Lighting Class'. It is left to the Mason & his Lodge to learn/teach the normally required Ritual later. I would think and hope it would include the MM OB, but in some instances this may not be possible during the 'At Sight'.

It is my understanding, Bro Dryfuss was made a Mason at a public banquet. I presume Masons & quest only. So I don't expect any Ritual took place. ... The Wikipedia listing indicate he was made 'At sight' which stands to reason with the banquet.

Hummm... Interesting ... I just double check wikipedia, the listing the Bro. Dryfuss was made Mason was removed. ??? It was there earlier this morning; or maybe I'm linking to a mirror that has not updated.

Also, I think Bro. Dryfuss official address is California, he was not (???) a resident of GL of DC jurisdiction. .... SOOOOO .... will the GL of Cal withdraw recognition of the GL of DC again as they did over Bro. Danny Thomas ?????? .... 'Gold Collars' again???

Winter

I've been here before
But if you read the actual Landmark governing the paractice of of a GM making a "Mason at Sight" is still reads as though the ritual happens, but not with the usual procedure of petitioning a Lodge.

G

Gary

Interesting reading. Thank you Brothers! I still have lots to learn in regards to how this fraternal machine actually works!

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Well true ... just answering FamilyMman's question. I think your are a Quarryman at MM.com, just your Nic is slightly different.
If you were speaking to me, FMH is the only masonic forum I am active on. I did join Freemason Network, but haven't done anything there other than register.

edwmax

Interesting reading. Thank you Brothers! I still have lots to learn in regards to how this fraternal machine actually works!

It is different in each GL; yet it is the same .... huh! ... don't make sense, but it works. ....

edwmax

I just did a little more searching. ... Freemasonry for Dummies website seems to be the only public link reporting Bro. Dryfuss being made a Mason. The only other link is to a posting on mm.com, which is locked in the Tyled section of the forum. ... The Wikipedia posting was deleted this morning. .... Every other website is referencing Freemansory for Dummies.

After reading the blog at Freemasonry For Dummies, there was a ceremony at which Bro. Dryfuss was made. Then a banquet afterwards.

I would put faith in the WB info from his site.... hes not known for posting things that come back to be false....AND hes from INDIANA.....:D:D:D

DavisB

So....with a recent check of Wb Hodapps website, I just noticed Shaq has went down the same route as Bro. Dreyfuss.......
Freemasons For Dummies
More jurisdictional issues there....From what I remember from the ESPN coverage of his retirement party, Shaq lives in Miami. But Bro. Hodapp reports that he is now a member of a PHA lodge in Boston. I guess there could have been permission given, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to for "on sight"

edwmax

I would put faith in the WB info from his site.... hes not known for posting things that come back to be false....AND hes from INDIANA.....:D:D:D

You miss the point. ... I don't doubt Bro. Hodapp or Cemab4y (he was there) .... We do not know if Bro. Dryfuss wants this to be public, yet. ... I would think his personal bio site would have this noted by now, if so. ... We as MM have sworn to keep the secrets of a Bro. Mason. And, apparently the ceremony was done in a Tyled Lodge, so should those Masons present come out and start talking about what they have seen without his consent????

I was just noting the limited info on the web at the present; but none seems to be official from the GL of DC or Bro. Dryfuss' PR.