Bro. Richard Dryfuss

I am sure if the good Brother Dreyfuss had an issue with the blog (I am sure his publicists know all about it).....WB Hodapp would not have crossed the line and posted it.

The blog and subsequent discussions like this are free advertisement for his project he has going on.....people will read this and other postings and be curious and go to this website: The Dreyfuss Initiative

Talk like this is stuff you cant buy from a PR firm or any advertising.

G

Gary

You miss the point. ... I don't doubt Bro. Hodapp or Cemab4y (he was there) .... We do not know if Bro. Dryfuss wants this to be public, yet. ... I would think his personal bio site would have this noted by now, if so. ... We as MM have sworn to keep the secrets of a Bro. Mason. And, apparently the ceremony was done in a Tyled Lodge, so should those Masons present come out and start talking about what they have seen without his consent????

I was just noting the limited info on the web at the present; but none seems to be official from the GL of DC or Bro. Dryfuss' PR.
Good point Bro. Max. I'm sure he would understand (maybe not so much approve) the brethren's excitement of this happening though.

Even though there is discussion on "how it happened", I think all who have commented are happy to receive him into our ranks.

Sometimes our excitement blinds us to protocol.

You miss the point. ... I don't doubt Bro. Hodapp or Cemab4y (he was there) .... We do not know if Bro. Dryfuss wants this to be public, yet. ... I would think his personal bio site would have this noted by now, if so. ... We as MM have sworn to keep the secrets of a Bro. Mason. And, apparently the ceremony was done in a Tyled Lodge, so should those Masons present come out and start talking about what they have seen without his consent????

I was just noting the limited info on the web at the present; but none seems to be official from the GL of DC or Bro. Dryfuss' PR.
Good point Bro. Max. I'm sure he would understand (maybe not so much approve) the brethren's excitement of this happening though.

Even though there is discussion on "how it happened", I think all who have commented are happy to receive him to our ranks.
Absolutely!!!!......to Both Bro. Dreyfuss and Bro. O'Neil

G

Gary

Not go off topic, but Bro. O'Neil???? I live under a rock so please enlighten me...

edwmax

I am sure if the good Brother Dreyfuss had an issue with the blog (I am sure his publicists know all about it).....WB Hodapp would not have crossed the line and posted it.

The blog and subsequent discussions like this are free advertisement for his project he has going on.....people will read this and other postings and be curious and go to this website: The Dreyfuss Initiative

Talk like this is stuff you cant buy from a PR firm or any advertising.
Bro. Hadapp blog references the Wikipedia info and so noted at the top of the Blog. The wikipedia information has been deleted this morning.

So how do YOU know this js not unwanted PR to Bro. Dreyfuss. The Dreyfuss Initiative does not even mention Freemasonry.

Bro. Hadapp blog references the Wikipedia info and so noted at the top of the Blog. The wikipedia information has been deleted this morning.

So how do YOU know this js not unwanted PR to Bro. Dreyfuss. The Dreyfuss Initiative does not even mention Freemasonry.
How do you know he doesnt mind.... neither of us know for sure....I just have chosen to put my faith in the WB blog to be accurate....could he be wrong....sure..... is he a very reliable source...yep (IMHO).....it all boils down for me...the WB is a well respected Masonic author and I know for a fact he wouldnt "out" the Brother if it would not be ok...

IF Bro Dreyfuss did not want it public knowledge..... I am sure the WB would have removed it from his blog. Like I said, I am sure Brother Dreyfuss knows about the blog....or his people do anyways....

G

Gary

How do you know he doesnt mind.... neither of us know for sure....I just have chosen to put my faith in the WB blog to be accurate....could he be wrong....sure..... is he a very reliable source...yep (IMHO).....it all boils down for me...the WB is a well respected Masonic author and I know for a fact he wouldnt "out" the Brother if it would not be ok...

IF Bro Dreyfuss did not want it public knowledge..... I am sure the WB would have removed it from his blog. Like I said, I am sure Brother Dreyfuss knows about the blog....or his people do anyways....
No one questions WB Hodapp for posting the information, I think it may have been a matter of did he or his publicist want to make an announcement or not.

That is the point ... You don't and I'm not assuming he does. ....
To err on the side of caution is always a safe bet.

G

Gary

Fyi-

Reliable sources have informed me that Bro. Dryfuss was indeed initiated, passed, and raised in due form. Afterwards he received the SR degrees. He then was presented a petition to cross the hot sands of the Shrine.

It appears that this wasn't a wham bam, your a Master Mason kinda deal. Just to clear the air.

Winter

I've been here before
I have to say, that even though I am not on the same page as much of Bro. Dreyfuss' politics, I am 100% in support of his initiative that civics must be a required curriculum in primary schools. His stance that voters must be educated about how the system works in order to make an informed decision about how to vote is spot on. "We must make our children fall in love with America."

edwmax

We have become privy to information that probably (???) should have stayed behind closed doors for the moment. ... I don't believe for a minute this could have remained a 'secret' very long. However, the GL of DC has not made a public announcement, nor has Bro. Dreyfuss. .. A few Masons who were present seem to be improperly divulging business of a Tyled Lodge.

All I have said is, that we should be cautious about what we know. ... There might still be a jurisdiction problem between the GL of Cal & the GL of DC.

johnj1582

I'd imagine that's actually a good 8 or 9 hour day. EA, FC, and MM full form back to back, followed by the terminal degrees?

poor guy's brains will explode from an overload of information.

No one questions WB Hodapp for posting the information, I think it may have been a matter of did he or his publicist want to make an announcement or not.

To err on the side of caution is always a safe bet.
My point is WB Hodapp would remove the posting if Brother Dreyfuss di not want it known....I am close to positive that he or one of his handlers knows about the blog ....

If we didnt have a reliable source like the WB blog...then I agree that we should err on the side of caution.....

I have a few Brothers I have faith in that they would not be posting info if it was not OK...... oddly a good bit are on here too....

We have become privy to information that probably (???) should have stayed behind closed doors for the moment. ... I don't believe for a minute this could have remained a 'secret' very long. However, the GL of DC has not made a public announcement, nor has Bro. Dreyfuss. .. A few Masons who were present seem to be improperly divulging business of a Tyled Lodge.

All I have said is, that we should be cautious about what we know. ... There might still be a jurisdiction problem between the GL of Cal & the GL of DC.
Neither did the GL of IN when I was raised....LOL.... :D:D:D:D:p...... I just trusted they made an error and missed it..... (please do take this as humor...)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Well , the cat is out of the bag anyway you look at it .

I welcome him to the Fraternity , but no more and no less than I would a pipe fitter , a mechanic or the bag boy at the grocery store . His pants may be more expensive than mine but unless he does back flips off his bed and jumps into them , he puts them on one leg at a time just like me .