Bro. Richard Dryfuss

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Let's let the toothpaste stay on the brush and let it sit for a while. There may be a good reason for the other sources to have retracted their announcements.

We know, yes. But let's let it rest for a bit...;)
Looking at the Wikipedia history on that page, it was edited to add information about his being made a Mason at sight, and then that information was removed because it had no references and Wikipedia has a policy against original research.

Fireman said:
Thanks Brother...... a lesser man...such as a LEO (sorry FamilyMan)... would crumble under such weight!!!!
I'll remember that when it comes time to pass out the Yuengling, brother!

Gary said:
Too late...The bots that skim this PUBLIC forum have already linked his posts to the world. DOH!!!!! Nah...We don't need no stinkin' private forums...LOL
Well okay now, finally there's a practical reason for the private forums...

chodapp

Just for the record, I had the official invitation from the GL of Washington DC sent to me about Bro. Dreyfuss on Friday, along with info posted on the blog of one of the lodges involved. The Wikipedia article appeared Saturday, and my inbox got rapidly filled with messages about it. At that point, the info was being widely circulated. Only then did I post the entry. If it hadn't appeared on Wiki, I would have kept quiet about it.

The Shaq story was similar. I received messages about it all day and evening yesterday. It wasn't until a photo from the event was being posted in public areas on Facebook, along with several dozen messages, that I finally posted the entry on it.

No one has contacted me to object in any way, and naturally, if someone does, I'll take them down. But my goal was to post truthful information with as much verifiable detail as possible, instead of rumors emerging in drips.

G

Gary

Thank you Bro. Hodapp. Your honor and credibility were never in question.

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to update us on the facts, as those seem to be a little lean on this subject.

DavisB

Just for the record, I had the official invitation from the GL of Washington DC sent to me about Bro. Dreyfuss on Friday, along with info posted on the blog of one of the lodges involved. The Wikipedia article appeared Saturday, and my inbox got rapidly filled with messages about it. At that point, the info was being widely circulated. Only then did I post the entry. If it hadn't appeared on Wiki, I would have kept quiet about it.

The Shaq story was similar. I received messages about it all day and evening yesterday. It wasn't until a photo from the event was being posted in public areas on Facebook, along with several dozen messages, that I finally posted the entry on it.

No one has contacted me to object in any way, and naturally, if someone does, I'll take them down. But my goal was to post truthful information with as much verifiable detail as possible, instead of rumors emerging in drips.
And that is why your posts are considered such a reliable source by Brothers and we can have faith in their reliability. Thank you for your dedication to honest reporting of Masonic news. It is a very valuable resource.

chodapp

thanks bro. chodapp, .. can you post the link to the Lodge Blog involved?
http://pinoymasons.blogspot.com/2011/06/mr-dreyfuss-comes-to-washington-11-june.html

==============
And the post from the GL of DC:

Posted by: "Grand Lodge" GRANDLODGE@DCGRANDLODGE.ORG dcfreemasons
Thu Jun 9, 2011 9:49 am (PDT)

Brethren,

On Friday June 10 (tomorrow), the Grand Master, MWB Jesse Villarreal,
will make Mr. Richard Dreyfuss a Mason At Sight. This will be an
extraordinary experience, especially for those of you who have never
witnessed such a ceremony before.

This event, originally scheduled to take place at the House of the
Temple, has been moved to the Scottish Rite Center (2800 16th Street,
NW) due to the unexpected heat wave which made the previous venue
untenable because of the lack of air conditioning. This sudden change
also makes it possible to accomodate a much larger audience.

The ceremony will commence promptly at 9:00 am, and will take place in
the auditorium of the Scottish Rite Center (2800 16th Street, NW).
Attendance is open to Master Masons only. A valid 2011 dues card must
be presented for admittance.

The ceremony is expected to end on or before 11:00 am. Dress code is
business suit, apron, and Masonic regalia. White aprons will be
provided for those who need one.

Fraternally,

Akram R. Elias, PGM

edwmax

Thanks, for the links. This is the first 'offical' public announcements that I have seen of the event.

The Blog indicates Richard Dreyfuss will be at the Tyled Lodge meeting it does not indicate he is, was or will raised as a Mason. ... It is normal procedure to suspend 'labor' of a Lodge to allow a non-mason guest to enter & speak. .... All I'm stating, is the blog does not give any indication or expectation Richard Dreyfuss was going to be Raised as a Master Mason.

The second posting is from private email indicating Bro. Dreyfuss would be made at sight; and you indicated in a previous post receiving the notice in an email. .... The GL of DC web site still does not have any 'official' announcements of the event. Maybe this will happen in the next couple of days.

chodapp

The second posting is from private email indicating Bro. Dreyfuss would be made at sight; and you indicated in a previous post receiving the notice in an email.
Which is why I didn't post anything about it until several hours after it appeared on Wikipedia. Doesn't get much more public than that.

edwmax

Which is why I didn't post anything about it until several hours after it appeared on Wikipedia. Doesn't get much more public than that.
The Wikipedia entry was by a certain member of this forum and MM.com. It was deleted because there were no other verifiable sources. Actually, the info was entered twice and deleted twice.

If someone wanted important info given out to the public, give it to a reporter. Your Blog is well known as such, so you had the best reliable source available. The email came from the Grand Secretary's Office of the GL of DC.

Bro Ed.... we must think logically here.....
1) the new Brother Dreyfuss has been a public figure for many years and he has "handlers" that keep up on all info going on about him... if Brother Dreyfuss objected to the blog....they would have demanded its removal.

2) WB Hodapp is one of the most well respected masonic authors and lecturers.....not to mention Mason very well versed in the do's and don'ts in masonry......he would not venture into an area that remotely crossed a line.....

edwmax

Bro. ... I'm not fussing with Bro Hodapp. I just pointed out he had the best and most reliable info source available without Wikipedia.

Well, that was fun.

A few years back, I had heard that Tim Pawlenty, former MN governor and Republican candidate for president, was made a mason at sight. I've never found any documentation confirming it. Any insight?

Brother.... that sounds like an assignment for a Brother from Minnesota......hmmmmm who can we get to investigate this story..... we need a good trusted Brother. Any suggestions???.... Any volunteers from MINNESOTA????.....

Oh yea, you are from MN.... I nominate you for this....I for one would be interested in finding out this info...

Brother.... that sounds like an assignment for a Brother from Minnesota......hmmmmm who can we get to investigate this story..... we need a good trusted Brother. Any suggestions???.... Any volunteers from MINNESOTA????.....

Oh yea, you are from MN.... I nominate you for this....I for one would be interested in finding out this info...
I think he's not. I believe the brother who told this to me (we were drinking) at the time, was confused between Pawlenty, and our ex-Senator Norm Coleman, whom I know is a mason.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Since we're talking about high profile men in Masonry. Ashlar has the Bro. from the NFL returned to your Lodge? Not asking names just if he involved himself again.

I would love to see both of these men (Dreyfuss and Shaq) get involved in there Lodges and Masonry in general.

OOOOOO, I'm trying to figure out the nicknames Shaq would have as he went thru the line. SD would be the DEISEL DEACON> HAHAHAHA